Weird crash when playing games

Associate
Hi everyone, so I've recently been having this issue where playing a game (e.g. Total war Warhammer 2 or Vermintide 2) my pc has been deciding around 10 min in to crash to this screen where I have to reset.

Anyone have a clue whats going on here?

Thanks for any help in advance.

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz
RAM: 12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z68AP-D3 (Socket 1155)
GPU: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (NVIDIA)

Screen when it crashes:

yJJXAAl.jpg

Sam

Associate
First off I'd try updating/reinstalling graphics drivers. If that fails then try re-seating the GPU on the motherboard, making sure to unplug the power cables and re-plug them in also.

EDIT: Also try and find out your GPU Temperature when playing games, using a tool such as MSI Afterburner.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies last night,

So I've ran it through a stress test and had some interesting results. I should also note when I took the GPU out to clean it the top looked a little crispy.

I ran FurMark twice and for the 1080p preset I got 88c & 84c, if the test didn't finish it would have reached higher temps.

gWiPufD.jpg

Associate
OP
I have read a few things online and it could be the psu, is there anyway to check this for certain?

What do you guys think the cause could be ?

Thanks for your help so far.

Associate
I have read a few things online and it could be the psu, is there anyway to check this for certain?

What do you guys think the cause could be ?

Thanks for your help so far.

do you have on board graphic on your MB? if you do plug the monitor into it and play a game if it dose the same thing it could be the monitor IMO and if it was the PSU wouldn't your MB cause your beep codes to beep on GTX card on boot up for not enough power to run it or the FurMark run!

Soldato
run asus real bench - include GPU test and also leave unigene valley going .

think PSU testers are £10 if you havent got a spare one .

to me looks like GPU - could try it in a friends/family pc? again if it crashed using above Unigene valley (pushes GPU far more then games do) then you know its that- and saves having to download a game to a Desktop

Associate
OP
Hi Guys, sorry about forgetting this post.

for anyone coming across this for a fix, the issue for me turned out to be some extra RAM I installed a couple months ago. I added 2x2gb sticks for 12gb total but after a while it was causing this. Removed them, and cleaned out GPU which was very dusty and my PC has been fine since.

thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom