Weird glitch while thinking about existence?

Man of Honour
Radiation said:
Lol yeah, i read somewhere once there's a theory that when the universe is understood it instantly changes into something a bit different.

Strange stuff.
Sounds a little bit like quantum uncertainty or whatever it's called today (i.e. the theory that certain quantum-level elements are only fixed in space when you actually try to observe them).

Soldato
Profound theory but elementally flawed. People will interpret various aspects of life in different ways.

You seem to want us all to turn around and have some sort of huge revelation about where we come from, why were here and where we are going. If we dont i can imagine you go back and think, "well hey, maybe im the only one to see it..."

Your not.

"We have to sleep because it is essential to maintaining normal levels of cognitive skills such as speech, memory, innovative and flexible thinking. In other words, sleep plays a significant role in brain development."

"there's a theory that when the universe is understood it instantly changes into something a bit different."

Again, hugely profound, and of course a fundamentally, impossible to verify, theory.

Tell me, honestly. Did you watch any similarly profound moves/read similarly profound books previous to your "experience".

I believe there is a scientific explanation for everything. I have faith that science is the key but i can understand why people will grasp at religion for quicker solutions/explanations to aspects of life. E.g. Science couldnt explain how a bee wing worked until recently. Religious types used this argument as a failure of science to understand something, thus rendering science irrelevant as a theory to the mechanics behind everything. Although, now we scientifically do know how the bee wing works, everyone changed their attitude to "oh, well it was only a matter of time"...

Either way, its not your task to understand the universe but to live it. Enjoy what youve been given and use it to the best of your ability.

Soldato
It is amazing we exist. Earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old. Countless creatures have existed before us, yet we have managed to evolved to what we are now. For all we know there could have been intelligent life on earth before us, and they left this planet for space before the dinosaurs, who knows? For all we know there could be a interstella community out there waiting for us to join them. The religious amongst us will argue this though, how would they explain the existence of Aliens?

Soldato
Radiation said:
I've only had this happen about twice that i can remember and it was only when thinking about life and existence and the fact it seems almost impossible yet here we are.

After a while of hard thinking i had a really weird experience of seeming to either be on the verge of understanding something but then it got blocked or I hit some sort of paradox which made my brain stop for a second, its hard to explain but it felt very profound and really freaky for about 1 second.

It's not something i find easy to repeat because i can't even understand exactly how i got to that thought in the first place but i know it comes about by thinking about existence and how your here and accept it as normal and yet this is it, your alive and its normal but your trying to think outside the box, this is it your here but where is here and where did it come from etc?

Sorry if that sounds a bit random but its all i can come up with for the way you need to think to get the weird result.

People go about their lives and most of the time don't bother to think about it in much detail but if you do you'll find its actually pretty amazing that you or anything exists at all.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? :confused:

I know exactly what you mean, its amazing really.

your thought pattern gets so deep and complex it sort of crashes under the stress of the paramount vision that you are trying to comprehend.

it is very weird. space time universe existence, it all warps and twist the thought process if you think about it too much.

i dont know, but i do know... :)

Soldato
I like to think that we are newcomers to the Universe - Earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old, we have been evolving a fraction of that time. Imagine planets that evolved billions of years before Earth? What if they had no Planet changing events during that time? Imaging what they evolved too? and Imagine the technology they would have created since then? Its mind boggling.

Unless, off course God created us and we are alone in this endless Universe.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
gord said:
Profound theory but elementally flawed. People will interpret various aspects of life in different ways.

You seem to want us all to turn around and have some sort of huge revelation about where we come from, why were here and where we are going. If we dont i can imagine you go back and think, "well hey, maybe im the only one to see it..."

Your not.

That sounds like it bothers you somehow?

It's not what im trying to do, the original question was if anyone has had a similar experience.

gord said:
"We have to sleep because it is essential to maintaining normal levels of cognitive skills such as speech, memory, innovative and flexible thinking. In other words, sleep plays a significant role in brain development."

"there's a theory that when the universe is understood it instantly changes into something a bit different."

Again, hugely profound, and of course a fundamentally, impossible to verify, theory.

Tell me, honestly. Did you watch any similarly profound moves/read similarly profound books previous to your "experience".

No I didn't and again the manner in which you write gives me the impression your not happy about this subject, don't worry you don't have to defend your views im not trying to change your view of the world, i know some people can't cope with thinking about this stuff.

I like to say things that might get people thinking and me as well, i was just joking about the sleeping bit but still we can't be sure thats the whole reason for sleep, ever heard of astral projection?

gord said:
I believe there is a scientific explanation for everything. I have faith that science is the key but i can understand why people will grasp at religion for quicker solutions/explanations to aspects of life. E.g. Science couldnt explain how a bee wing worked until recently. Religious types used this argument as a failure of science to understand something, thus rendering science irrelevant as a theory to the mechanics behind everything. Although, now we scientifically do know how the bee wing works, everyone changed their attitude to "oh, well it was only a matter of time"...

Either way, its not your task to understand the universe but to live it. Enjoy what youve been given and use it to the best of your ability.

I do believe in science of that which has been proven but because we don't yet know and have all the answers the rest is left up for imagination and theres nothing wrong with trying to come up with ideas yourself.

Don't we all just want to know the truth at the end of the day?

Soldato
Radiation said:
Why do you think we can't understand it fully, is it because we can't or are blocked somehow?

Does anyone wonder how we can exist and not know how we function and exist in the first place?

This stuff is weird to think about but when you do you forget the normal life you live and see things different, its big, bigger than you can imagine, this is it, here you are!

Wake up! ;)

Yeah i'd say you've been watching too many Matrix type films which in turn have inspired your mind to come up with all sorts of weird theories and sayings as to the existance of the human race and universe.

I say we/you should get out more, live life and forget about the "bigger stuff", if they, if it is a they, wanted us to know the bigger picture they will clearly show it, and if they don't want us to know, then we are not meant to know, and therefore it should be left alone, hence me telling you to get on with life.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone here had the experience where you look in the mirror at yourself and think "That's me, that's actualy what I look like" then thought about why we are here. It can get very weird and you almost feel like you're not you or you were in a dream.

It's creppy, you have to snap yourself out of it. I'm not into all this hippy crap but it deffo seems like some kind of self hypnotic thing :/

Soldato
My post was forthcoming, but not unnecessarily so. I do enjoy a heated debate about this subject. However i find i have the most profound thought process after watching particular thought provoking movies. Apologies, i did not mean to sound aggressive.

Transmission breaker
Don
I've been looking for you, Radiation. I don't know if you're ready to see what I want to show you, but unfortunately you and I have run out of time. They're coming for you, Radiation, and I don't know what they're going to do.

Soldato
OP
gord said:
My post was forthcoming, but not unnecessarily so. I do enjoy a heated debate about this subject. However i find i have the most profound thought process after watching particular thought provoking movies. Apologies, i did not mean to sound aggressive.

Thats cool, i just really didn't think i was being religious about it, its more about weirdness when thinking about existence and the crazy possibilities you can think up, I think its safe to say that theres understandable workings to everything which is science, after all whats true is true but we just don't know it all yet.

Religions seem to mostly come from a time when there was less understanding and always have a set belief system, i think we can't presume anything until we know the truth and science should be the best way.

Malt_Vinegar said:
I've been looking for you, Radiation. I don't know if you're ready to see what I want to show you, but unfortunately you and I have run out of time. They're coming for you, Radiation, and I don't know what they're going to do.

lol :eek: :( :p

FincH said:
Anyone here had the experience where you look in the mirror at yourself and think "That's me, that's actualy what I look like" then thought about why we are here. It can get very weird and you almost feel like you're not you or you were in a dream.

It's creppy, you have to snap yourself out of it. I'm not into all this hippy crap but it deffo seems like some kind of self hypnotic thing :/

I have done that before and yes its one of the most freaky things you can do, sometimes when you stare for ages your face changes and fades away, sometimes your head can even disappear. :eek:

Best results are in a dimly lit room in the evening! :D

Last edited:
Associate
Happens to me all the time while i'm sittin on the bog.

It happens to me all the time when im on the bog aswell, exact same thoughts, i think about why im here and how got here and thinking im lucky to be here etc.. I then begin to repeat my name to myself in my head and i keep thinking am i really here, how did get here.

Associate
Radiation said:
I've only had this happen about twice that i can remember and it was only when thinking about life and existence and the fact it seems almost impossible yet here we are.

After a while of hard thinking i had a really weird experience of seeming to either be on the verge of understanding something but then it got blocked or I hit some sort of paradox which made my brain stop for a second, its hard to explain but it felt very profound and really freaky for about 1 second.

It's not something i find easy to repeat because i can't even understand exactly how i got to that thought in the first place but i know it comes about by thinking about existence and how your here and accept it as normal and yet this is it, your alive and its normal but your trying to think outside the box, this is it your here but where is here and where did it come from etc?

Sorry if that sounds a bit random but its all i can come up with for the way you need to think to get the weird result.

People go about their lives and most of the time don't bother to think about it in much detail but if you do you'll find its actually pretty amazing that you or anything exists at all.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? :confused:
Sounds like you've been worrying about what is beyond your existence. After you're gone, what is there apart from nothingness? Your mind becomes blocked because its not possible to think beyond what you know exists and you are afraid of death.

Associate
PanMaster said:
Sounds like you've been worrying about what is beyond your existence. After you're gone, what is there apart from nothingness? Your mind becomes blocked because its not possible to think beyond what you know exists and you are afraid of death.

I've experienced that exactly as you've described - when i was younger I was intrigued by it.

Soldato
OP
PanMaster said:

Hmm, Im not sure im worried of death as total unconscious nothingness as i don't remember what it was like from before i was born and an infinity of physical time can pass and it won't matter, what is a little disconcerting is that we don't know if we have any choice, is it right to be forced to exist what ever the truth maybe?

Do we have a choice and if not is that fair?

You could be essentially forced to endure countless life's in a quite natural big bang universe that wasn't intelligently designed or even in a god made universe.

We just don't know so yeah thats a bit worrying if you think too much about it. ;)

Soldato
PanMaster said:

That's the point, a lot of people believe there's something after death and there willing to kill for it. :/

Back
Top Bottom