1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Ubuntu 7.10 prob

Discussion in 'Linux & Open Source' started by Simian, 27 Oct 2007.

1. Simian

Sgarrista

For some reason... Not sure why, other than there was an update earlier...

But on re-booting (the wife booted to windows so I had to re-boot back) I appear to have two copies of the same drive showing on the desktop (and in the My Computer thinngy)...
    [​IMG]

When I try to remove the extra one, it Un-mounts the volume and leaves the other icon, which can't be deleted..

Does anyone know how I might sort this?..

Cheers
    Simon.

2. TonyMontana

Gangster

happened to me too - using a usb stick...dont know why. It was solved by removing the usb stick and rebooting.. probably another Gutsy hickup..

3. Sp!ke

Wise Guy

4. Rainmaker

Sgarrista

You could always crack a nut with a sledgehammer and remove mounted drive icons altogether? At least if the reboot doesn't fix it, and pending a bugfix from Ubuntu/Canonical.

Right click the menu bar, choose edit menus. Go to the System Tools submenu and put a tick next to Configuration Editor. Close the menu editor down, and open Applications>System Tools>Configuration Editor.

Navigate to Apps>Nautilus>Desktop and take the tick out of "Mounted Volumes". You can still access the mounted drives/partitions by typing the address in Nautilus (eg /media/sda1 or /media/DATA).

5. gumbald

Sgarrista

My suggestion was going to be just to remove the mounted drives :)

Clean desktops are the future.

6. Rich43

Hitman

Ive seen this problem too, doesnt really bother me. I just ignore it. Also, if it bothers you, file a bug report at http://launchpad.net