Welcome Back.

Associate
Who better to place a size 10 in the nuts of the Taliban then ?

That is exactly what our government thinks but it upsets me that these poor lads don't know that they are just cannon fodder. The government doesn't care about them, the way they see it......it's better to have them vandalising another country rather than our own.

Man of Honour
OP
That is exactly what our government thinks but it upsets me that these poor lads don't know that they are just cannon fodder. The government doesn't care about them, the way they see it......it's better to have them vandalising another country rather than our own.

These lads are not so daft that when they sign up they understand that harm may come their way.

Generations of soldiers will tell you that the government doesn't treat you as they should and that will be Labour and Conservative.

Associate

Because preventing vandalism is well known by product of having an Armed Force. . . . .

No British Solider is "cannon fodder". I've spent time with Officer Cadets as they were undertaking the early parts of their training and whilst I'm not going to go in to any details about what that entailed, it's safe to say that risk assessment and management are pretty high up there on the agenda.

I don't agree with the "war on terror" but I don't think committing our troops to such a war is tantamount to treating them like cannon fodder, and I think the soliders I served with would object to your belief that they are too stupid to realise the dangers they place themselves in.

The large quantities of them I see on the train out of London every time they finish a tour of duty. Every other word out of their mouth is f'ing this and that. The fact they can barely string a sentence together frightens me, also if you look at the vast majority of kids who fail school or just mess about, they all say they want to join the army (or police). :)

Please don't miscontrue regular swearing as a sign of being inarticulate . . .

If you haven't got anything nice to say...
/QUOTE]

Quite . . .

Associate
These lads are not so daft that when they sign up they understand that harm may come their way.

Generations of soldiers will tell you that the government doesn't treat you as they should and that will be Labour and Conservative.

How should they be treated? They are fundementally uneducated (talking about the common soldier here) people who are getting paid to be trained to kill people whilst being reprogrammed through training to do it efficiently.

I agree with stuff such as kit, but people know what they are signing up to with the army: crap pay for a crap job.

Soldato
I disagree. The balls are not brass nor titanium, they must be at least tungsten carbide, if not depleted uranium in order to give the possessor the fortitude to approach and tinker with a device designed specifically to punch through vehicle armour and mangle the squishy things inside.

Welcome home lads.

Man of Honour
OP
How should they be treated? They are fundementally uneducated (talking about the common soldier here) people who are getting paid to be trained to kill people whilst being reprogrammed through training to do it efficiently.

They should be treated as people who put there lives on the line for not a lot of money ..... with a little respect and given the tools they need to do the job.

The Army, and indeed the services as a whole, are sometimes a safety net for those in society with few other options in life where a job, pay and a pension is there for them.

I can get a job as private security over there and get paid 2k+ a week while a private soldier doesn't get that in a month. Quite sickening.

Danger money alone makes a private soldier worth 30k a year basic.

The current salary of a soldier is a debate in itself but I can't see how it is a crap job ? I know at least a dozen people who are ex-services and every one of them loved it.

There will be those who hate it without a doubt but the things I have heard are pretty supportive.

Man of Honour
Mate of mine is one of the main bosses of these boys, he and they are simply the best of the best and really deserve our utmost respect. Some of the things he has had to deal with in the last 18 months dealing with the bad news and the families who it impacts are something very few of us could deal with I suspect, totally the best of Britain and people we should all respect and honour. I know they have put a lot of planning into this homecoming and good to see the lads back.

Back
Top Bottom