Welcome to the Fold Berserker

Soldato
FahMon will do it, as will EMIII but both rely on you sharing the Folding@Home directory across a network. FahMon is easiest by far to set up and will do the job fine though EMIII has a lot more features.

FahMon
EMIII

edit: doh forgot to congratulate you on the mighty stompage!!!

Congratulamations!!!!! :D

Last edited:
Associate
Buzwad 03.02.05

He's a friend of mine who I converted to the cause. He is currently trying to get other people in his office working on folding and maybe he might post here one day...

Man of Honour
rich99million said:
FahMon will do it, as will EMIII but both rely on you sharing the Folding@Home directory across a network.
Are there any files in particular that these will need? One of the Windows boxes won't talk to the others, but all will talk to my Linux fileserver, so I can push files up to the server and monitor them from there. I'd rather not push the entire workunits up though. :)

Soldato
/engages brain

FahMon works with the FahLog.txt file in the folding directory (i'm 99.99% sure about that) so you should only need that file
i'm not sure what EMIII uses but i think it's fairly deep routed, i'm also not sure how it would cope with your situation - probably best to stick with FahMon if you're not too worried about fancy graphics

edit: you might need to use the unitinfo.txt file that's in there too
edit2: that didn't work - watch this space

sphen - nice work mate, lets hope he can borg his office and then some :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok then - new post cos 3 edits and you're out :p

Righty then you need 3 files from each instance for FahMon to work,
FAHlog.txt
unitinfo.txt
client.cfg

as the client config won't change unless you actually change the configuration yourself then you only need to keep updating the other 2 files

let us know how you get on :)

Man of Honour
Yaaarrrrh, Jim lad, EOC has caught up. Interesting stomp prediction:

3 rich99million 435 66 2,448 136,807 52 -132,773 141 10.02.07, 9am / 942 Days

Better stop slacking now, or I'll stomp you in about 3 years. :D

Soldato
Yaaarrrghhhh you just wait till later in the morning jim-lad and my 600 pointers will be through, better make that 5 years :D

EDIT:
3 rich99million 528 600 3,697 138,056 51 -133,735 89 04.15.09, 11pm / 1503 Days

yargghhhhhhh :p

tho i'm sure when the rest of your rigs have been running for a whole week you'll soon get that 5-year figure down a LOT!!! :eek:

Fold On!!!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A top-50 spot beckons, so I'll issue a PARP to the next five places above me. Not sure quite when, but not long. There are a few workunits due to finish tomorrow, at least one of which has a memory bonus. :)

Back
Top Bottom