• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Well i took the plunge!

Associate
Yeah try looking at the action and not at your feet whilst in game ;p
QUOTE]

LOL funny guy. Well ill get a vid up on youtube when I get chance but in mean time heres an image looking at my feet ;)

bfbc2game20100517131141.jpg

Soldato
Yeah try looking at the action and not at your feet whilst in game ;p
QUOTE]

LOL funny guy. Well ill get a vid up on youtube when I get chance but in mean time heres an image looking at my feet ;)

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/284/bfbc2game20100517131141.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

? I can nearly do that with a single GTX 260. We are talking about MINIMUM framerates...not max.

Associate
Still waiting for that vid...:D

LOL you know as well as I do there is no point making a fraps video considering frame rate drops like crazy anyway. I have fully registered fraps and when I enable video capture the game drops from 200 fps to 60fps so basically there is no way to prove anything from a video.

Soldato
LOL you know as well as I do there is no point making a fraps video considering frame rate drops like crazy anyway. I have fully registered fraps and when I enable video capture the game drops from 200 fps to 60fps so basically there is no way to prove anything from a video.

I'm not sure why you started replying, they were questioning mrix with his single GTX480. Not you running tri fire!

I agree, a 5870 is on par with a 480 in BC2, in min and average framerates, there in noway a 480 will do a min of 140 FPS at max IQ, more like 30-40 min.

IIRC they're pretty similar with the 480GTX having a 10-15% lead with 4xAA.

Associate
I think it has gone off track here a bit. You are right about the 480 not being able to do a min of 140. About 40-50 I would say is about right. Just for curiosity sake though I will record a vid form my camera later to show what tri-fire 5870's ( using a 5970 in this case ) can do and then the min fps from a 480 can be judge by the performanace of the tri-fire.

Will try and get a vid sorted tonight when I get home from office.

Soldato
Really pleased with my single 480 running on a 24inch monitor at 1900 by 1200 :)

I tend to play Battlefield Bad Company 2 in dx10 mode as from what I can see and what I have read its not really optimized that well for DX11 and its very hard to notice any quality difference, so no point waisting fps ;)

I have all settings on high with AA and anthropic on 4 and get a minimum of 140 fps and anything up to 200 fps so very happy indeed :)

Cheers
mrix

LoL, according to your vid on an empty map standing still you get a max of 140 FPS lol, going down under 100 in the boat on a dead server, you have HBAO turned off as well so hardly all high settings, on a populated map with it kicking off expect mins in the 30-50 range.

Associate
ooh that guru 3d review looks promising, the sli 470's outperform a 5970 in all the tests on there, is this correct or are guru 3d nvidia biased.

Associate
Just flogged my GTX 280 on the bay and got a wallet-chuffingly good £165 for it! Not a bad returned considering I've had it for two years. Gonna prob grab a 470 or maybe a 480 this weekend, will post some benchies for people who are still using C2D's to see what they can expect from one of these new-fangled cards in their aging systems. :)

Back
Top Bottom