• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

We've had enough ,THE CHILDISH BICKERING STOPS AS OF NOW

Soldato
lay-z-boy said:
agreed tbh,

but to this day i dont see why people go to such lengths over a few fps..

of course i dont argue :rolleyes:, ive played my part in a few. :(

Same lol...was having a bad, stressful day, and earned my one and only ever forum (ANY forum) break, by getting into an argument with Egt lol

Edit: If you read this Egt, sorry about that, I guess we just had a disagreement, and due to stress, i went too far.
Apology extended if you accept it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tommy B said:
ATI is better than Nvidia.

Saying that is OK.
It would be a lot better if you said why you think they are better, that way it can be discussed :)

Just saying you don't like one company is just the thing that starts the mud slinging, saying you don't like company/card A because you see bad IQ or card B is loud is much better.

Associate
gtir666 said:
its the old my cars faster than yours arguement, itll never be settled coz if you race whoever loses has excuses so still not settled.

Not that i race, but listening to young lads i work with they got the fastest cars in the world and wont be told any different, same thing with nvidia and ati i guess, ill tell you one thing though... who ******* cares!

It probably actually comes from the "My dads bigger/harder than your dad" arguement.

Ah arguements at playtime ! wish I was back there now !

Permabanned
Well, i suppose that we are bound to see people having a go at each for using different components! Just it does get out of hand. I have only been on here a short while and i have noticed how hot it can get in here!! :D

Soldato
Rizz said:
I would give them a temporary ban Just so there is no confusion as to who they are. And so they know your not fooling around!
That is not needed (yet ;) )

The people this is concerning know full well it is about them.

The point is not to stop people posting but more a point to make the threads more of a discussion about differences rather than saying card X sucks because it is red or green and getting a reply that the poster is a moron etc....

Associate
Dutch Guy said:
zytok was talking about someone called Groksly, not you ;)

nah, I meant Goksly. Letting off a bit of steam is all just a bit of fun imo. Had no idea it was taken so seriously. Me and Goksly had an argument a few months ago but I hope it's all water under the bridge despite my having a dig a couple of days ago. No offence Goksly ok?

No where's a kiss and make up smiley when you need one.

Soldato
Healthy competition is what these threads are about,i guess ATI/nVidia "debates" are born from competition to be the best.

Some people cant see it as competition and see it more as a threat i guess.That's where the whole "my ati is better than youe nvidia" thing comes from.At the end of the day we all buy the card that we think will perform best for the purposes we need it to.

I'm not bothered which company makes profits from me aslong as the card does what i want and the cheaper the better :D

Soldato
zytok said:
nah, I meant Goksly. Letting off a bit of steam is all just a bit of fun imo. Had no idea it was taken so seriously. Me and Goksly had an argument a few months ago but I hope it's all water under the bridge despite my having a dig a couple of days ago. No offence Goksly ok?

No where's a kiss and make up smiley when you need one.
As I said - I doubt this is aimed at those posts... unless there are some ive missed :} As ever - the internet to me is far from serious in most situations :)

egt

egt

Associate
Alexrose1uk said:
Same lol...was having a bad, stressful day, and earned my one and only ever forum (ANY forum) break, by getting into an argument with Egt lol

Edit: If you read this Egt, sorry about that, I guess we just had a disagreement, and due to stress, i went too far.
Apology extended if you accept it.

No problem, Alexrose. I don't even remember what we argued about, but please accept my apology too. You're obviously smart enough not to bare a grudge too...it's only the interweeb, after all ;)

Soldato
you all should be ashamed of yourselves. you don't see me arguing about which brand is better than the other because i know the answer and i will keep it to myself unless someone ASKS for it. :mad:

Soldato
someone should open up a new thread and let everyone go at it in there nvidia vs ati let it go unmoderated. im sure it will be interesting to see people slap in benchmarks etc to prove finally which is the best.

and one should be opened up in the cpu section too for intel v amd.

and a message in the title like a disclaimer to say that not to enter the thread if your a flapp master.

Soldato
ATi vs. Nvidia is a rediculous argument in the first place though, as it's a sweeping generalisation by definition. It's only logical to debate individual cards vs. individual cards, based on tangeable criteria such as price, speed, power consumption, temperatures, features, and overall value for money, since both companies make both cracking cards and completely crap cards from time to time.

Same goes for Intel vs. AMD. I've not been keen on Intel since AMD stabilised their processors and became the choice for gaming, but Conroe definitely has my attention as a candidate for my next choice of CPU.

It all depends on what you want to do and how much you are willing to spend, not who makes it.

Associate
Indeed. We could do an ATi vs Nvidia thread but I think most of us go for the best option at the time. We argue (at least most of us) because we like the pseudo-intellectual debate and because we are bright enough not to take it too seriously (at least not on reflection). There are some that haven't 'reflected' long enough to appreciate the arena in which we spar (or observe) but generally we're good.

We (us wise, confident souls) have to take responsibility for what we type though. There are a lot of people out there that take what we say as gospel, and we can't let them down by being biased.#

I am pretty hammered though so I wouldn't take what I say (right now) too seriously.

Associate
Cyber-Mav said:
someone should open up a new thread and let everyone go at it in there nvidia vs ati let it go unmoderated. im sure it will be interesting to see people slap in benchmarks etc to prove finally which is the best.

and one should be opened up in the cpu section too for intel v amd.

and a message in the title like a disclaimer to say that not to enter the thread if your a flapp master.

Maybe a new forum section for fanboyism, out of the way of the main channels - perhaps a section called "Other" where the fanboys can really fight it out to the death.

Back
Top Bottom