• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

We've had enough ,THE CHILDISH BICKERING STOPS AS OF NOW

Associate
I like the idea of alternating between ATI and NVidia for each upgrade. there's bound to be at least one good card in your budget from each of them.

(spectrum 128k beats C64 hands down btw!)

Soldato
alucks said:
(spectrum 128k beats C64 hands down btw!)

Oh yeah?

Well... ( Better not eh ? )

I myself have had more than a couple of "Warm" chats over the years.

I often find it great. I am a rank amateur compared to most of you, but well above average I recon, and I enjoy it when I talk abotu certain issues about my PCs.

Hell. I often ask some silly questions, where I may know the answers to, but also want to know others answers at the same time... Not to be a dick, but rather knowing 2 or more correct answers often gives a better insight into some things, and also you can help yourself to iron out your own reasons as to why you might have thought the problem was in the first place.

There are a lot of people on this forums I look up to, and a hell of a lot of people I look down on too, jsuthe same as there are many who look down on me, and hopefully one or two look up to me too, I dont know, but a good healthy debate will help everyone improve their computing skills, plus I suppose at the same time give us a little chuckle now and then.

I alos hate it when people deliberately flame others, and thats what this is really all about isnt it?

Sure, there has been a lot of posts where X has been Y and it quite clearly isnt, btu as has already been said, give a reason why this is so, not flame them.

Hell, I have asked the most stupid questions myself, when I should know the answers, but many reasons are behind why I dont know the answer, usually tiredness, or simply I may be in CBA Mode, but a more genuinne reason could be that some years ago I had an accident and I have severe mental issues where I often .... Erm... Where was I? Oh yeah... I forgot

So, I often ask here and 9/10 times I get a good honest reply.

I say you have to take the rough with the smooth sometimes, its just unfortunate when you are slagged down.

As for the Intel v AMD & ATI v NV debates I love them.

I myself am all for AMD & NVidia

AMD cos well, thats what I mostly have, not for any true fair reason, although my latest PC is a P4 3.6 Prescott 660, annd...

NVidia cos apart from the MX200/400 yonks ago, I got a Leadtek Ti4200 when they were first out, it was a dream card, and a mate now has it, and I have offered him a straight swap for a Rad9800Pro to get it back... I have 5 dead Radeons in my posession, so thats why I go for NV, and yet my fastest card I have is an ATI.

I prefer NV cos I have found them to be rock solid and ATI have for me, simply been awful, and as for Intel, that 3.6Ghz P4 I have, while it should be a nice system just isnt, but then, thats because the AMDs I own, are all clocked to the hilt and so are quicker anyway, but thats not a fair judgement really... Get a better Mobo and the P4 will clock also.

Its down to personal preference isnt it?

Oh, and also I dont half go on, but thats because I type exactly what I think, and I type very quickly indeed, so I am only actually replying in a minute or two... Thats somethign that bugs me cos I know no one is reading the last bits on my posts... Are you? Free beer anyone? - LOL

Take care all of you, love you loads, happy computing to everyone, even if you do like intels :D

PS Atari rules

Caporegime
Pointless bickering imo, ATI or Nvidia AMD or Intel?

Each has aspects better than the other, each does pretty much the same thing, and in most cases, you cannot possibly see any marked gain in performance when using comparable equipment.

Its always puzzled me debates such as "BMW is better than Merc" for example don't appear in the Motors Forum.

Must be a computer geek / kit thing.

And, mods, don't let it get to you, lifes too short. ;)

Back
Top Bottom