1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

what 5870 card apart from

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by roachyuk, 12 Apr 2010.

1. roachyuk

Wise Guy

vapor x is the best stable one to buy at the moment ...not a overclocked one though thanks.

2. unknownsock

Wise Guy

Sorry you want what? :p

You want a 5870 but not a vapor x?
    Almost any will do, personally Asus though due to the warranty.

3. roachyuk

Wise Guy

yeah having a few probs with the vapor x i have, its really annoying me now so gonna change it, but not sure which one to get, i am not really bothered about warranty as i change nearly every year any way thanks.

Last edited: 12 Apr 2010
  4. unknownsock

Wise Guy

I'd just get the cheapest as there all the same anyway.

Whats wrong with your current? Can't you just RMA it for another?

5. Jabbs

Sgarrista

Have my Asus at 980/1250 runs sweet and the noise not so bad now i have it set right around 40% fan hits high 60's, will push for 1000/1300 when i can be bothered.

Last edited: 12 Apr 2010
  6. neo-omega

Hitman

As an aside, have you heard of a wonderful thing called punctuation? Makes all of our lives simpler...

7. roachyuk

Wise Guy

lol ok sorted the punc ...not all as well educated as others sorry lol.

8. Jabbs

Sgarrista

Gets on my nerves when I see someone pointing out punctuation no need for it at all.

Have you had a bad card mate ? the Vapour X cards are very good normally, I sent back a Powercolour 5870 PCS+ last week as it was dodgy kept crashing in 3d games, maybe send it back and try another one.

9. roachyuk

Wise Guy

well i orderded the 875/5000mhz one which is causing me no end of probs...the only thing is that its a overclocked card which i never knew so probably just get the normal vapor x 850/4800 as its the quietest and coolest card ive used ...maybe its faulty but i just want a stable card not a overclocked one.

10. Jabbs

Sgarrista

I originally ordered that card but annoyingly my card was taken to fill a order from another e-tailer which purchased all of there stock, really annoyed me as i wanted this card while it was cheap.

This is the only reason i went for the PC PCS card for the cooling but that ended up being duff, this Asus is great but noisy as you would expect when the stock fan kicks in.

11. roachyuk

Wise Guy

yeah see this one is real quiet...ill miss that if i get another make...running the fan at 65% is when you start to hear anything, anyway ill see what james says if they find out its really is faulty and another one should run ok ill take it...but as i said i dont buy overclocked items as no need these days. lol probably end up picking other stuff up while im there as well.

12. roachyuk

Wise Guy

so anymore advice on which one to get ...

13. Jabbs

Sgarrista

I went for the Asus one in the end its a good card have it O/C too 980/1250 sweet as card for me.

14. roachyuk

Wise Guy

they have them in as well so hows the fan someone mentioned its a little noisey ...

15. jorzeh

Wise Guy

GoGo Water cool the full system xD

16. BigBruiserAl

Mobster

There all the same on referance mate.

17. roachyuk

Wise Guy

oh well got the vapor x but not the overclocked one...working great up to now