What album/artists are a MUST buy?

Associate
Stefan Stevens- Illnois
Tv on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
Graham Coxon - Love Travels at Illegal Speeds
Regina Spektor - Begin to Hope
Camera Obsurca - Let's Get Out of the Country (Bit like Belle & Sebastian)
The Concretes - The Concretes in Colour

Soldato
Pink Floyd - Dark Side ofthe Moon
Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
At the Drive in - Relationship of Command
Pendulum - Hold Your Colour
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Any Minus the Bear album
Jimi Hendrix - Blues
Hendrix - Voodoo Child: The Jimi Hendrix Collection(Nice mixture of his live and studio recordings across two CD's).
Queen - Greatest Hits.
At the Drive in - Vaya
Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium

Soldato
Glad to see someone got The Poison! Just got the collectors edition today. :p

Also picked up The Cardigans - Gran Turismo, thanks to this thread.

Billy Talent = Billy Talent II

Cracking album, again if your into that sort of music.

Oasis - Whats the story morning glory is also one of the best albums about I think.

Associate
Once you've listened to Anti-Flag, read up about their history of singing pretty much solely about the hatred for large corporations and then their signing to a major label last year. Once you've realised the inherent irony in that, go look up Propagandhi; similar sort of thing, except not hypocritical or, indeed, rubbish.

If you like the limp-wristed end of pop-punk like The Academy Is..., you'll like Cute Is What We Aim For, The Spill Canvas, Motion City Soundtrack, Mae, etc.

If you like Jose Gonzales, listen to Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. Supported him a while back and has done the rounds of toilet venues for ages to earn his signing to a major label. Very ethical chap, Sam, good to have a conversation with. Massive drunkard, though. :p

Soldato
Spuderoony said:
Once you've listened to Anti-Flag, read up about their history of singing pretty much solely about the hatred for large corporations and then their signing to a major label last year. Once you've realised the inherent irony in that, go look up Propagandhi; similar sort of thing, except not hypocritical or, indeed, rubbish.

If you like the limp-wristed end of pop-punk like The Academy Is..., you'll like Cute Is What We Aim For, The Spill Canvas, Motion City Soundtrack, Mae, etc.

If you like Jose Gonzales, listen to Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. Supported him a while back and has done the rounds of toilet venues for ages to earn his signing to a major label. Very ethical chap, Sam, good to have a conversation with. Massive drunkard, though. :p
Have to agree with the Anti-Flag comment. I do really like their older stuff. I love it when a band "sell out" though and I really I don't know why. I think their latest album is pretty bad though. Not because it's watered down or anything. But the song writing just appears to be shockingly poor compared to other stuff they've done. I'll always have a soft spot for them. Propgandhi though (Y).

Imo, stay away from that area of pop-punk. With the very slight possible exception of Mae. I just find it really sickeningly sweet.

Not heard Get Cape. Loads of my mates have been supporting him about as much as you guys at Punktastic do. I still need to check him out.

I'll probably see your Get Cape and raise you The Good Life. Sort of similer in the sense it's acoustic, mostly. But it's still great and people should be listening to more of what Tim Kasher does.

Soldato
Woody__ said:
I'll probably see your Get Cape and raise you The Good Life. Sort of similer in the sense it's acoustic, mostly. But it's still great and people should be listening to more of what Tim Kasher does.

The Good Life are damn good. Not close to Cursive though, who happen to be the best band in the world.

Associate
Tool - All albums.

Metallica - Master of Puppets
Iron Maiden - Fear of the dark
Refused - The sound of punk to come
Capdown - Civil Disobediants
Incubus - SCIENCE and Crow left of the murder
Children of Bodom - Are you dead yet?
Rage against the machine - Rage against the machine / Battle of LA
SOAD - Toxicity
Pixies - Doolittle
Green day - Nimrod