What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Associate
:) I was putting the finishing touches to a new house in his world the other day - just putting in the windows - when a creeper must have walked in through one of the unglazed windows behind me and blew the whole thing to smithereens!

My kids thought it was hilarious, so at least there was that...

hahaha unlucky! Looking forward to this sort of fun. She's just 4, so not far to go surely?

Caporegime
Human Fall Flat. Got so far in the game but it's starting to become more of a chore than fun now, so I've stopped playing it. Maybe one day I'll give it another go but there's so much other stuff to be getting on with.

Man of Honour
Don't have the time to dedicate to multiplayer. I play Quakeworld FFA occasionally as it is easy to dip into.

edit: secretly looking forward to playing games with my son in a couple of years. Might dust off the Wii when he gets to 5 or so... :)
So over 5yrs on I can confirm I did start playing games with my son! I'd say a good chunk of my gaming time over the past year or two has been spent playing with him, in particular Lego games (we've beaten at least a dozen titles). He's now 7 and starting to play games on his own a bit more instead of just Co-op, I've setup my old PC next to mine which is giving me a bit more opportunity to play single player games (Forza Horizon 4 in particular). Recently we've been having fun with Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator (although he takes some persuading not to create overpowered units).

Oh and I did get the Wii out last year, he enjoyed it in moderation.

Man of Honour
Human Fall Flat. Got so far in the game but it's starting to become more of a chore than fun now, so I've stopped playing it. Maybe one day I'll give it another go but there's so much other stuff to be getting on with.
The issue I had with it (on XBOne) was it only seems to save checkpoint progress once for the entire game, not per level, so if you are midway through a level and start another level, you lose all your progress on the first level. Not great when you've invested say an hour into a level and then get stuck, as you say it then becomes a chore trying to grind through to the end of the level rather than taking a break in a different environment.

Permabanned
Solo:
Mortal Kombat 11
Battlefield V
Star Wars Battlefront II
Insurgency Sandstorm
Doom (2016)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (finished recently and is hands down one the most amazing games)

With friends only:
LoL
Valheim (not my cup of tea but fun with in group)

In the pipeline:
Doom Eternal
Control
Titanfall II
Anthem (when EA Desktop allows me to download the game, hopefully this year. Bad app)

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
The issue I had with it (on XBOne) was it only seems to save checkpoint progress once for the entire game, not per level, so if you are midway through a level and start another level, you lose all your progress on the first level. Not great when you've invested say an hour into a level and then get stuck, as you say it then becomes a chore trying to grind through to the end of the level rather than taking a break in a different environment.

Love playing this with my son. Even if you get a bit stuck you can just be silly. Earlier levels felt like they had more freedom for how you win since there are ways to just climb over walls and skip sections etc.

Associate
I'm 57, still going strong on single player, some settings are starting to get turned down now
ie, Medium or easy
keeps me less frustrated when I keep dying

currently playing

Black mesa
Doom eternal
control
RDR2
Death Stranding

also playing a few small games I get on epic for free

Permabanned
Doom Eternal, Control and Titanfall 2 are all excellent. Very excellent in fact. :)

Titanfall 2 was off my radar and watched a gameplay video on Youtube a few weeks ago and was amazed by the gameplay and movement. Don't know why it isn't more popular. I'm aware however with these type of games after so many years that multiplayer will be a steep learning curve since most of the remaining players have been grinding it for so long. Not discouraged though.

Soldato
I'm 43 & play have been playing Apex allot just clocked in 1000 hours & my KDR is only just above 1 lol yeah I suck

Mid 30's here and loving Apex! Had lots of my mates try to get me into from the start and ignored them, joined in Season 4 and not looked back! Don't get so much time these days but I wouldn't say a positive KD is bad! I'd consider my group to be competent and all hover around 1-1.2 :)

Soldato
36 and playing these:

Steam/Friends

Red Dead Redemption Online (PC)
Vermintide (PC)
Among Us (PC)
Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC)
Super Smash Bros (Switch)

Solo (PC)

Doom Eternal
Red Dead Redemption 2
Cyberpunk 2077
Outlast

To Start

Breath of Wild (Switch)
Apex Legends (Switch)
Outlast 2 (PC)
Alien: Isolation (PC)
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 (PC)
IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad (PC)

There might be a couple more games, but these spring to mind!

Associate
46 here and mainly sim racing and flying for me with Reverb G2.

MSFS 2020
Assetto Corsa and Competizione
Automobilista 2

On occasion (super wide screen)

Titanfall 2
BF5
Boarderlands 3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom