What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Underboss
Anno 1800, proper chilled game early on then bang, hits you with more trade routes than a Colombian Cartel.

Great management aspects and just keeps you on the edge of being overwhelmed, great for a couple of hours session.

Man of Honour
The only problem with this thread is that I would guess MOST gamers are over thirty - even on this forum. This sixty-year old is currently bored with settlement building with a modded Fallout 4 (best mod of all: Scrap Anything) and is replaying Sacred 2. Tried FarCry 5 and was quickly bored. Ditto Dishonored. A bit longer on War for the Overworld. But that game is far too much like Dungeon Keeper 2 and not enough like Dungeon Keeper (1)

Soldato
Any decent non-violent games about?
I'm really bored of planet coaster.
Putting a hold on Factorio until my friend's PC is built.
Completed Frostpunk

90% of games nowadays seem to be violence-orientated.

Not interested in farming simulators either, no matter how interesting they look :p

Associate
Any decent non-violent games about?
I'm really bored of planet coaster.
Putting a hold on Factorio until my friend's PC is built.
Completed Frostpunk

90% of games nowadays seem to be violence-orientated.

Not interested in farming simulators either, no matter how interesting they look :p

Planet Zoo.
Fall Guys.

Associate
Nowadays I almost just play platformers.

I've just started Unbound Worlds Apart and it's really relaxing and challenging at the same time!

Thankfully not "Hollow Knight" levels of challenging..

RLC

RLC

Associate
I used to play World of Tanks a lot but massively fell out of love with it and the constant meddling over the last few years. Now I play War Thunder for my multiplayer fix and I'm working through the Divinity series atm. I'd give the one I'm on now (Divinity II: Ego Draconis) 5 or 6 out of 10. Enjoyed the first two Metro games much more than Exodus. They felt much more frantic, claustrophobic and engrossing. Exodus was a bit too "big" and lacking structure at times plus the gun crafting thing ****** me off a bit. just let me find the ammo and med kits rather than "scrap" and "chemicals".

Still not completed Skyrim yet!

Soldato
Iron Harvest and Orcs must die 3.

65 and still gaming. Though maybe not as fast on the twitch shooters these days :)

Iron Harvest.....

Did you buy the plain vanilla or the Deluxe with the DLC's...?
From the little that I have seen it seems quite interesting, can't decide if the deluxe (less than £30) is worth buying over that of just the std edition (less than £9).
Seems to have mixed reviews, but the style of units look good to me.

Thanks

Soldato
Iron Harvest.....

Did you buy the plain vanilla or the Deluxe with the DLC's...?
From the little that I have seen it seems quite interesting, can't decide if the deluxe (less than £30) is worth buying over that of just the std edition (less than £9).
Seems to have mixed reviews, but the style of units look good to me.

Thanks

The vanilla version.

It's been pretty heavily patched since release and a lot of the early issues have been sorted. And at £9, I would rate it as a decent punt. Just don't expect it to play like COH2. It pretty much walks it's own path.

PS. I bought it at £20 and still consider it a decent buy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom