What are the upgrade options for the Lenovo Legion 5i?

Associate
Hello everyone,

I've just purchased a Lenovo Legion 5i with a 10th gen i5 processor and the RTX 2060. The reasoning behind this was that the cpu is good enough for now and cheaper to upgrade in the future than the GPU which is very good (for the price range I can afford) and won't need upgrading for a much longer time.

But I can't find any information about the upgradeability of the Lenovo Legion 5i and I'm starting to worry that I've purchased a laptop with a fixed CPU that I can't upgrade... but I can't find any information about it. Does anyone know? Can I upgrade the CPU or would it be better to get the i7 9th gen with the GTx 1660 ti?

Man of Honour
laptops have (universally, except for a rare few) soldered components for the cpu and gpu
ram/ssd are usually the only upgrade options later down the line

Soldato
As above, generally laptops have soldered on CPU and GPU... You should've got a desktop if you want to upgrade CPU/GPU in future :p

I found the below video on your model laptop doing a teardown, looks soldered on tbh. Good options for storage though lol.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, appreciate the help. I just don't have the space for a desktop so I need to get a laptop.

Do you think it's still worth getting the i5 10th gen? Or should I look to get an i7 to keep it future proof for longer and compromise on the GPU?

Man of Honour
If you're gaming, the main bottleneck is usually the gpu
The i5 1035 and i7 1065 are both 4c8t chips, the i5 is just clocked a bit slower
In this case, I'd probably go with the i5 and a better gpu

Back
Top Bottom