What are you sat on?

Associate
the sad thing is? ive probably gone through enough chairs within a 5 year period... if added together would probably equal a brand new Embody / Aeron Chair.

both comes with a 12 year warrenty =/

Soldato

Not the best picture, looks much better in the flesh. It's very comfortable, I have the version on the right.

As you sit on it, it fully adjusts to your position. It also alters the back support automatically, as you move around.

Orangebox spina

Last edited:
Associate
I sat on the markus once.... Went to the Ikea near wembley (London - Northcirculer)... Barley put my weight on it and it felt like it was going to collapse at any momment... Is it really sturdy?

=/ looked so dodgy, so i just went and purchased a Helsinki Leather chair from VikingDirect =/. Again - i regret this purchase

Soldato
silly question, What made you purchase it in the first place?
Did you get a chance to sit on it before you decided "this is the chair i want to buy"? if so where?

No I did not, I had read a lot of good things about it online.

If I could have found a place in Manchester that stocked a lot of chairs including this one I would have gone down to try it, out but there are no places like that in Manchester believe me I looked.

The chair it's self is licensed by orangebox, but made by itoki in Japan. So it's much bigger over there.

http://www.itoki.jp/spina/index.html

Aod

Aod

Soldato
I sat on the markus once.... Went to the Ikea near wembley (London - Northcirculer)... Barley put my weight on it and it felt like it was going to collapse at any momment... Is it really sturdy?

=/ looked so dodgy, so i just went and purchased a Helsinki Leather chair from VikingDirect =/. Again - i regret this purchase

having built my own markus, i can confirm that it's immensely over-engineered. the bolts that hold the back to the frame of the tilt mechanism are 8mm solid steel (not pot-metal!) and there are THREE of them.

my ISO technical manual on fixings says that a single 8mm bolt has a clamping force of 2,304 pounds for the lowest rated grade (class 4.6)
from that, just a single bolt would be sufficient but there are THREE of them.

maybe the one you sat on wasn't built properly but mine is probably the strongest thing i own.
<edit> or maybe it wasn't a markus? Ikea have three different mesh-backed chairs and the cheapest is very naff.

Transmission breaker
Don
n506421970_860052_258.jpg

I am sat in that :D

Associate
so yeah.... (sorry for the thread bump)

I finally got a chance to go down to Ikea to test out the markus again.... Looked exactly the same as the one i originally tested,

this time however it felt more sturdy :)

Its not bad for a chair =)

Now i just need to decide, Embody, Markus or the aeron ¬_¬

blah

decisions decisions ¬_¬

Soldato
one of these:

http://imgur.com/f5fM6.jpg[IMG]

Herman Miller Aeron, been using this for 3 years now, best money I ever spent. Designed specifically with ergonomics in mind.

IMO, don't buy a cheap £75 viking chair, because not long after you'll start finding it uncomfortable and will want to replace it. Do that a few times and you will have spent the same money as buying an Aeron.[/QUOTE]

Our office is decked out with these chairs, a good 40+ on our floor alone. They are awesome, but I would never buy one for home use due to their price.

Back
Top Bottom