What been your favourite game released in 2012

Soldato
Wow, I was trying to think of an answer to this and realised that I've only even played two games that were released in 2012 - The Dream Machine and Legend of Grimrock. I did quite enjoy both, but they're hardly what I'd consider to be GOTY material, even on a personal level.

I guess I have to say my favourite was Legend of Grimrock, then, really.

Although I am saving Dishonored for my annual indulgent and immersive Christmas gaming experience, starting on my first day off on the 21st (very excited... :))

Soldato
Dishonored, but I played many games I enjoyed a lot this year - Sleeping Dogs, Dark Souls, Far Cry 3, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Alan Wake...I could go on. Great year!

Associate
Guild Wars 2 was fantastic for the first month, before I stopped to play WoW. Just gone back now to play a new character and explore the dozens of zones I missed first time round. I imagine this time I'll stick with it.

Mists of Pandaria was excellent for a while. Once I reached level cap and realized that it had resumed into a grind of dungeon runs and dailies I lost interest. I may go back again to play a panda a patch or two down the line.

For single player, the best I've played is Dishonored. I've bought X-Com and The Walking Dead but am yet to play either.

I think the game I've spent the most time on this year is the FF7 PC re-release.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been a pretty drab year for me, my favourite is Guild Wars 2 but I don't really play it.

I was really hoping Iron Front 1944 would be fantastic but it was a bit of a damp squib.

Ehh no, I'm sure the quote is damp SQUID... sorry IT crowd I couldnt help it.

Soldato
Enjoyed Dark Souls the most, also enjoyed/enjoying but in no particular order of preference :

Alan Wake
Max Payne 3
Dishonored
Sleeping Dogs
Far Cry 3 (currently playing)
Hitman Absolution. (not finished, got a little bored and was side tracked by FC3).
Walking Dead (only finished first 2 episodes so far).
Fifa 13.

Trying to remember what other 2012 releases I've played, can't think of any others:confused: scarce year I suppose. Assassins Creed 3 is on my to buy list once I'm done with FC3 and Hitman.

Soldato
Sleeping dogs GOTY for me.

Another close one I doubt you can say this year though, seeing as its closed beta atm and open beta next year, but would be path of exile. So much better than d3 and its so fun.

Back
Top Bottom