What been your favourite game released in 2012

Soldato
Nowt really. Everything has been pretty mediocre.

Would have liked to say XCOM but it got stale once I had unlocked everything. I don't even think I completed it.

And for people to say that Dishonoured was their favourite, well, says it all. That game was pants so there really hasn't been anything. For PC at least.

The Nintendo Wii-U console looks amazing.

Associate
Probably easier to list the major disappointents than the successes in 2012.
That said, I'll go with Borderlands 2 for my pick of the year, with an honourable mention to XCOM and Torchlight 2.

Soldato
Put this in the other thread, but want to update my previous call here too. I'd originally gone for Legend of Grimrock, which was pretty good but was almost chosen by default due to me not having played any other 2012 releases.

Now that I'm almost finished with Dishonored I feel there's a proper contender that really deserves the title. I actually Dishonored would have been my GOTY for most of the past few years.

+ Wonderfully crafted world with stunning art direction and excellent attention to detail
+ Story and lore of the world are really well fleshed out
+ Open environments and multiple approaches to objectives
+ Fun powers

- Stealth mechanics aren't that great
- Really demands two playthroughs due to the way chaos is handled (not sure if this is a negative, but I've not used most of the powers due to trying to play with low chaos and kind of feel I missed out)

Permabanned
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Good
Beatuiful Scenery
In Depth Environments
Easy to Learn, Hard to Master Combat
Gory as Sin
Addictive
NOT COD (OR BF3)

Bad
Still Undergoing Changes
A Few Server Issues
Fully agree with the above.

Main downside is its lacking in map content atm, but that doesn't detract from the quality of the game.

Man of Honour
- Really demands two playthroughs due to the way chaos is handled (not sure if this is a negative, but I've not used most of the powers due to trying to play with low chaos and kind of feel I missed out)

People who have the patience to play through first time in stealth mode get more out of the game IMO as its fun to go back through it again in high chaos mode whereas its not that fun for someone who blasted through in high chaos first time to go back and try doing it slowly heh. Some of the high chaos relevant abilities are just way too much fun.

Soldato
People who have the patience to play through first time in stealth mode get more out of the game IMO as its fun to go back through it again in high chaos mode whereas its not that fun for someone who blasted through in high chaos first time to go back and try doing it slowly heh. Some of the high chaos relevant abilities are just way too much fun.

Yeah, I can see that. Just finished it, and got the clean hands achievement.

Will almost certainly go back and do a high chaos run to play with the more destructive weaponry and powers, but I agree that I'd not have as much motivation for a second playthrough if I was going to go stealthy/non-lethal.

Associate
Surprisingly enough it has to be Far Cry 3 as I thought I had grown out of shooters. Usually its RPG's that do it for me but 2012 has not been kind.

Back
Top Bottom