What Board would best to support this please? AMD Ryzen 3 3100 Processor

Associate
i have this cpu but not sure whats the best board for this and im hoping for a board that will support Windows 7 still as i still dont want to switch to 10 at all yet :)

im very grateful for any help on this.

Soldato
Windows 7 has been out of support for a year. Windows update has a block on it to stop Ryzen and most Intel CPUs from the 6th and later gens connecting.

That's if it works, you'll likely find no USB devices work even if you manage to coax it on.

Just go to Windows 10...

Associate
OP
thanks guys and yeah i understand but i aint had time to learn ways around w10 yet and for now if i can find a motherboard to go with 3100 and a 2600 ryzen then i will stay with win7 for now and prob get w10 on my laptop and learn it over time.

Man of Honour
Soldato
you are not going to get anywhere with windows 7 on new hardware, so you will either have to bite the bullet and move to windows 10 or stay in the past with only older hardware as your option. windows 10 isnt all that different to 7/8 really, new features to an extent, but overall they are similar, mean its not like going from vista to windows 7 or rather xp to win 7.

as for the question itself, what is your budget and as of the B450 boards under £80 will do depending on what you want from it.

Back
Top Bottom