What book are you reading...

Soldato
Wolves of the Calla - Dark Tower 5 getting towards the end and starting vol 6 soon. Been a bit of a marathon session having read from the first one about 4 months ago.

Pretty good I just wish King would hurry the **** up some times though.

Associate
Working my way through The Black Company books by Glen Cook. On the third book which I've read already but thought I'd start again from the beginning.

Soldato
Me too! Its good. Really like the first one, Pillars of the Earth, one of my all time favourites.
I also really enjoyed pillars, recommended

The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson.

Finding it gripping stuff. Going to read the third book next then watch the movies.

Personally one of my all time favs, that series.

I just finished The Count Of Monte Cristo, i know it is really old, but it was really good. I was quite surprised by it.

Soldato
Cold Magic by Kate Elliott

The first of her latest trilogy cycle in motion.

Loving it so far, 19th century pre-industrial revolution europe but with magically-centric undertones. There are parallelisms with pulmans northern lights (ice sheets, expeditions, air balloons and even one mention of the aurora borealis) but by a much cleverer and more mature author.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Hero of Ages - Brandon Sanderson

Got a few series that I'm partly through/onto last book I need to polish off so I can move onto something new. They are mostly fantasy/sic fi series and want done with them.

Soldato
"The Traveller by John Twelve Hawks. Very good so far (about 100 pages in. Nice idea about Travellers (who can shift between dimensions), Pathfinders (who teach Travellers), Harlequins (who protect Travellers) and the Tabula (who run the Vast Machine, i.e. the "normal world", and want to kill all Travellers etc).

Also, Super Freakanomics. Previously read Freakanomics so expecting more of the lateral thinking brilliance that the first book provided.

I also listen to a lot audio books during my commute. Just finished the excellent "The Lost Fleet" series by Jack Campbell and have now moved onto "Destroyermen" By Taylor Andersen.

Last edited:
Permabanned
A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin.

The Works of Philo Judaeus by C.D Yonge.

The Oxyrhunchus 840 Gospel in it's original Greek.

Back
Top Bottom