What book are you reading...

Soldato
Laren Niven - Ringworld, Rinworld Engineers, Throne (I have forgotten the full name off of the top of me head, Ringworld's Children.

I just love the canon around the Known space books (Ringworld especially).

I am also about to start reading Padora's Star (Peter F Hamilton - part of the Commenwealth Saga) and Seeds of Earth (Michael Cobley - Part one of the Humanity's fire trilogy).

Additionally I also have all of the Halo books to go through again - I found them suprisingly enjoyable, especially liked Fall of Reach.

Associate
Just finished Dead Run by PJ Tracey. Absolute trash and not even fun trash. Have read a couple of others in the series and found them ok as trashy thrillers, but this one was devoid of a sensible plot, and character development or believability.

Soldato
Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman.

I read Smoke & Mirrors before this. It was completely twisted and weird and so far Neverwhere has not dissapointed.

Will be reading Mustaine: A Life in Metal, after this.

Soldato
Bought A song of ice and fire series, a third of the way through the second book, but it's getting slow. To much describing and not enough action at the moment. I will persevere though.

Associate
Just Finished:
- A Dance with Dragons
- Ghost Story by Jim Butcher
- The Dark Tower, The ending was ... frustrating. Started reading this in 2006, just finished this year.

Currently Reading:
- SuperFreakanomics
- Discworld Series, currenly on book 12/13
- Re-reading The Deathgate Cycle.
- Going to check out the OCUK book club

Associate
Star Wars: Heir to the Empire.

Great stuff. Slowly working my way through the EU novels in chronological order. Might be a while before I'm reading the latest series..there are to many :p.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I've got a few on the go:

1. Bret Easton Ellis - American Psycho

2. Aron Nimzowich - My System (chess related)

3. Carl Sagan - Cosmos

Soldato
The reality dysfunction.

Read the commonwealth books already, so moving onto these. Only 10% of the way in, but it's pretty slow starting.

Soldato
Last book i finished was Starship Titanic; pure comedy gold. Terry Jones inspired by Douglas Adams? How can you beat that? :p

Instead of finishing (or indeed starting) one of the various books i have lying around i'm thinking about getting Looking for Alaska by John Green, largely on the merits of his (and his brother's) vlog.

Associate
Currently re-reading the Harry Potter books before I see the last two films on BD.

After that I have Temeraire by Naomi Novik waiting for me, and the first two three part series by R A Salvatore about Drizzt Do'Urden. Plenty of fantasy goodness :)

Back
Top Bottom