What can i do!? - Car Crash

Soldato
OP
Hmm some people are just hypercondriachs these days tbh^ .

Anyway that doesnt matter we've realised she's used a no win no fee insurance claim, basically its damn weak, and the way its written etc, just NO lol. (weve spoken to a a guy we know whos a lawyer)

so anyway were not to directly contact these solcitors. So we are writing to the insurance company so they can acknowledge the letter was recieved to the solicitor company, whilst at the same time telling our insurance what the case probably is etc and giving a copy of the letter so they see how weak it is (insurance lawyers are damn good).

So we shall see.

Oh and no we haven't paid anything yet, her car is booked in to be fixed in about 2 -3 weeks time, but we have agreed we will pay her bill and she was perfectly okay and happy with that agreement and i am still fine with this part of her claims. Just dissapointed in her claiming any injury. Trust me, she won't have any. like really sriously, she can't. At all. not even whiplash.

Soldato
OP
I agree fox, we write this letter just to confirm we recieved the letter, then thats all we can do really. and some people have pictures of my cars damage, not sure of hers.

Its not car damage and payments to do with that, just her medical claim that i am not happy with.

and the dent in my car makes it look worse than anything tbh.

Soldato
OP
I can know for certain. if someone tapped your shoulder i can be certain that you won't have broken your arm.

Associate
To the best of my knowledge you are not a qualified doctor therefore you can't possibly know this for certain.

It's likely though. I'd bet 95% of people who claim for whiplash are exagerating. I've been involved in two car accidents, once driving an old Nova when I hit wall at around 20ish and a passenger in a vectra hit at about 30mph from behind. I had no injuries at all from either. Three friend where involved in a head on collison with a closing speed of about 60ish with a drunk driver, 2 suffered a bit of brusing and were fine after a couple of days but the other milked it and got some compo.

I really hate the idea of claiming for "injuries". Even if you are injured why should you get money? If you can't work then maybe but the rest is just crap.

Caporegime
They are simply playing the system and there is nothing you can do about it. Everyone knows you're getting a grand minimum for just saying whiplash.

They walk away fine, talk to friends who pump them full of ideas and take the money from you're insurance company.

Never done it myself but i know from friends that have put it on and claimed thousands with tingling in arms after an accident etc.

Its very annoying but a sad sign of the times.

I had a very sad and serious accident myself and every man and his dog even those not directly involved wanted a piece of the action for a claim.

Soldato
Whiplash is delayed, i've had it and yes i am currently claiming.

I was stationary on a 40mph road waiting to turn into my street when a ford fusion smashed into the back of me and sent me flying, i didnt expect it at all. I felt swelling on the day (like when you get a cold). The morning after i could barely move my neck. I got took to hospital and every little bump in the road caused SERIOUS paid in my neck. I got checked over by a doctor, and i was off work for a week ( i couldnt afford anymore time off so went back on light duties)

I didn't want the hassle of claiming at first, i just wanted my car back and put it behind me. Their insurance admitted fault straight away and paid for my car to be fixed. My insurance then offered to make the claim, whichi went along with.

I've had to go to a 2nd medical and 5 weeks of physio and claimed for £1.600

Last edited:
Soldato
Why are people convinced that she must be faking it because she was alright at the scene!? And The the rubbish about "I know someone who had an accident at XXMPH and was fine" is completely and utterly irrelevant. Genuine Whiplash can be caused at a ridiculously low speed and can be ontest well after the accident (I'm sure that it is widely accepted that if somebody claims they have whiplash at the scene they almost certainly do not have whiplash?). If it was such a clear cut fake do you not think that the insurance company would throw it out with ease, or do you think insurance companies LIKE spending money? :p

I was involved in a accident when I was a lot younger when some woman (on the phone) ploughed into the back of my mother's stationary 205 at about 15MPH. I was kneeling on the passenger's seat at the time talking to my younger brother and was flung backwards (without a seat belt) directly into the dashboard, or more specifically into a 90s sized phone holder that the bottom of my back hit first. I was fine at the time (I got out of the car and ran up the road with ease to fetch my mother) but after 3 - 4 days I begun to suffer from the area where my back hit the phone holder. My back still hurts occasionally in EXACTLY the same place to this day :(. Quite simply The human body isn't designed to withstand rapid deceleration even at low speeds, remember that before instantly blaming "Claims Culture"!

If the OcUK detectives are so concerned about this incident pushing up their premiums, it was never explained why the OP refers to the car as his when it is insured by his father?

Soldato
I agree fox, we write this letter just to confirm we recieved the letter

I'm not sure what letter you're on about, but if it's the one from their solicitor, you do NOT reply to it. You make a copy and forward the original to your insurance company.

My company messed me about in 2008 and I started receiving threatening letters from the other party's solicitor and each time I forward them to my insurance company and phone my company to complain and check why they were not dealing with the issue.

If you reply to it, you're acknowledging that they will pursue you for the compensation and you're happy for that to happen.

Soldato
These false claims make me sick (assuming it is a pack of lies).

I was taken to hospital in January with a stomach ulcer which ruptured. I had to wait for two hours in agony when a young couple came in and spoke to the doctor in front of me saying they had just been hit from behind and she would need a certificate or report for whiplash.

She made no attempt to even look injured, at one point she was sitting on her partners lap straddling him whilst they snogged and laid on top of each other in the chairs. If I was up to it I may well have said something.

Final insult was they arrived after me and got seen before me because an accident is seen as more urgent. I was seen eventially and they admitted me for 4 days, of course her whiplash claim was considered more serious!!

Soldato
OP
Yep its annoying Third Opinion!

As to Joshy, the car was origionall insured for my mum and dad and my dad mostly drove it to work, but we have 3 cars now so half the time i drive this KA. I just called it mine for the sake of it, but yes i am only a named driver.

And invader the letter i am on about is us sending it onto the insurance company, but we have typed a bit stating our belief that the claim should be disputed. If they do decide to pay out to the woman i will write again expecting them to cover damage costs too if theyre so willing to put a strike on our name

Soldato
The bottom line is, you have two choices,

1. Deal with the claim yourself, and get your own legal representation to 'counter' her claim in court.. Which will be costly and very difficult to win if she has been diagnosed by her GP.

2. Pass the letter on to your Insurance, let their legal team deal wit it, they will probably not bother even contesting and just pay because the chances of winning or so small.

Don't take it personally, it's the way insurance companies work. I'd put her damage claims through the insurance too, what is the point of paying them out yourself?

I don't like false claims as much as the next guy but I just accept that just how the crap system works, no point in wasting energy fighting it!

Soldato
No point writing a letter - what exactly are you trying to say - that you don't like that fact that your policy is paying out? You're in absolutely no position to judge what injuries the victim has - anything pre-existing could have been made far worse.

Soldato
Yep its annoying Third Opinion!

As to Joshy, the car was origionall insured for my mum and dad and my dad mostly drove it to work, but we have 3 cars now so half the time i drive this KA. I just called it mine for the sake of it, but yes i am only a named driver.

And invader the letter i am on about is us sending it onto the insurance company, but we have typed a bit stating our belief that the claim should be disputed. If they do decide to pay out to the woman i will write again expecting them to cover damage costs too if theyre so willing to put a strike on our name

This is the best course of action, you or your parents will take a hit on the insurace policy but it seems there is nothing that can be done now the insurers are involved...

... whiplash is such a BS injury, I personally have had quite a few crashes, some my fault, some not, some minor 'fender benders' and some bad ones, the worst was when I barrel rolled 3 times off a corner and broke my C6, ( thats the vertebra, not the new citroen lol!) - I suffered some tenderness for a few weeks and got a very occasional twinge for about a year after, but it was pretty much a walk in the park considering I had a broken neck.

I have also never had this mystical 'whiplash' -I do however know of at least 5 spurious claims from people I know.

In my view 'whiplash' is a mechanism for insurance companeis to balance the books and pass cash around, at the cost of the consumer. Its all about money. It's a crazy, crazy world - and not a good one.

Back
Top Bottom