What can my dad do?

Soldato
JRS said:
Who in their right mind would insure them??? Mind, I suppose the premium gets loaded to silly ******* levels when you've proven yourself that incompetent at staying out of trouble, they'd probably make a fortune out of a driver in that position.

But if it's company/fleet insurance it wouldn't make any difference.

Soldato
OP
dalex said:
be a good son and tell them you were driving

I'm already on 3 points for speeding, so I could do without another 9 thank you lol, my mum isn't insured on the van so that's out, hopefully the cameras were out of film or something, another way he might get round it, is that the road with the cameras on used to be a 40 but it's now a 30 but then that doesn't excuse the fact that 30mph signs are all over the road.

It's a shame he's been caught though because he is a good driver and can read the road really well, never had a crash etc. Just taking chances with lights that are on amber as he approaches and trys to make it but flash, on two occasions.

Anyways think I'll tell him to get a bike.

Soldato
Sirrel Squirrel said:
I'm already on 3 points for speeding, so I could do without another 9 thank you lol, my mum isn't insured on the van so that's out, hopefully the cameras were out of film or something, another way he might get round it, is that the road with the cameras on used to be a 40 but it's now a 30 but then that doesn't excuse the fact that 30mph signs are all over the road.

It's a shame he's been caught though because he is a good driver and can read the road really well, never had a crash etc. Just taking chances with lights that are on amber as he approaches and trys to make it but flash, on two occasions.

Anyways think I'll tell him to get a bike.

sorry I didnt mean to be mean :p

Soldato
OP
I don't think he does deserve it tbh, I mean how many people here speed, I admit that I speed every time I get into my car, my dads just unfortunate enough to not know how to look out for cameras. Can't excuse the red lights though.

Man of Honour
Sirrel Squirrel said:
I don't think he does deserve it tbh, I mean how many people here speed

You don't think he deserves it? Sure most people speed but they tend to notice the cameras - once twice maybe three times at a push well thats unfortunate but 8 seperate offences? Including TWICE running a red light and also getting caught by the SAME camera multiple times?

He needs to be off the road, sorry. Red lights, bah.

Suspended
You just said he's a good driver and can read the road, yet he can't keep an eye out for speed cameras?

If he had one or two speeding fines, thats fair enough. But a total of 21 points is pathetic to be honest. He doesn't deserve the right to drive.

Soldato
OP
He's still a safe driver though, never had a crash and he works in London so that's saying something.

But anyways I let everyone know what happens if he gets a pile of NIPs through the door.

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Sirrel Squirrel said:
He's still a safe driver though, never had a crash and he works in London so that's saying something.

Obviously going so fast that no-one gets the chance to run into him.....

***edit***

Just in case anyone else has a sense of humour failure like Sirrel Squirrel seems to have had, the above is not intended to be serious. Maybe I should have festooned it with smilies, but I figured since we're all intelligent enough to post on here we'd all be intelligent enough to realise that my post here wasn't meant to be taken that seriously.

Last edited:
Soldato
:eek: dude 21 points is just silly.. 9 on his licence and he still manages to pick up a further 9? which hes waiting for the nip.. so these 9 are within last month?

he been having some kinda problems? if some how he manages to stay on the roads (i very much doubt it) tell him to invest in a road angel at the very least.. :eek:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Sirrel Squirrel said:
Yeah about 10mph over the limit is really fast isn't it

Well, it was actually a joke but since you said that....

10mph over the limit on, for example, a motorway = semi-safe most of the time.
10mph over the limit in, for example, Central London = very, very dangerous indeed.

Now, thanks to the sheer weight of information in this thread I actually have no idea which roads he was speeding on. Maybe you'd either care to enlighten me. Or alternatively, keep making snarky remarks so I can go ahead and completely ignore this thread from here.

Man of Honour
Simon said:
The OCUK judges are in the building now I see....

It's a discussion forum. Thus, people will discuss and give their opinions on all sorts of things. It's quite obvious that somebody saying 'My Dad is a very safe driver but he keeps getting nicked for running red lights' is going to get people going :p

Back
Top Bottom