What car (saloon/hatch/4x4) £3.5-4k? Thank you!!

Soldato
OP
Owned one, loved it, wouldnt reccomend it!

They are not reliable whatsoever - had numerous electric problems, interior quality was terrible although looked nice, door handles jammed and the rear ones would come off in your hand. It liked a litre of oil every 1000 miles and averaged 12mpg with fairly sensilbe driving.

Lovely lovely car, but avoid them if reliability and running costs are on the list of priorities at all.

Oh, and the twinsparks need cambelt every 36k miles and the Selespeed ones will drain your wallet and possibly kill you

Haha

Cheers Iain, noted and will (even more strongly) put her off buying one of these!

Soldato
What about a fully serviced Alpha Romeo 156...that my Mum just told me she's seen and liked...:eek:

Alpha's and reliability? Like oil and water?????

Oddly enough the Saab 9000 did share a floor pan with the Alfa (if I was the dictator of this country you'd be stabbed to death with a blunt pencil for spelling it Alpha) 164.

They're not well regarded, but the 156's bigger brother the 166 can be very cheap. They are both however famed for needing you to meticulous about servicing.

How about a Honda Accord Coupe or maybe a Prelude. Or if you want a properly stupid idea, how about a Renault Vel Satis.

Soldato
OP
... (if I was the dictator of this country you'd be stabbed to death with a blunt pencil for spelling it Alpha) 164.

... They are both however famed for needing you to meticulous about servicing.

How about a Honda Accord Coupe or maybe a Prelude. Or if you want a properly stupid idea, how about a Renault Vel Satis.

haha:p Apologies Alfa, but i have now rendered that idea well off limits.

As for the others...I must say the vel satis is actually a good car!

Back
Top Bottom