What cars scream 'chav' to you?

Associate
Well I think that there are maybe different definitions of chav at play here, as was discussed earlier in the thread. I don't picture people from properly rough estates with barely a penny to their name when talking about chavs these days, even though that's probably close to the original definition. I'm thinking of TOWIE / Love Island wannabes, and I think decent German cars on a lease are the bread and butter for those guys. I've always considered the RS range to be quite understated in terms of styling compared to the performance on offer, which is the opposite of what they look for. And I absolutely think that for any of them that do make it onto their reality TV show of choice, an Aston would probably be quite high on the list although I might be being a bit unfair there.

Soldato
Anyone running a bloody "crackle" map.

Yea this is the worst one currently. It used to be bean can exhausts on blender motors which were annoying enough, but now it's these stupid "crackle maps" on top of it.

Though someone nearby has a Ferrari (488 I think) and that actually sounds suprisingly terrible too. Very shouty but not in a nice way, like the Trump of exhausts. Nowhere near as good as the old models.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nissan Micra drivers? No, sir! The amount of beemers driven by hooligans is disproportionate though almost to the point where you see a crazy driver and automatically think "BMW"

There is a group of Pakistani guys that drive through the town I live in using a load of different cars and rev their cars up, lift off so it back fires and speed excessively almost daily and one of them drives a Micra, admittedly most of them drive Golf R32 and BMWs

Associate
Guess I'm a chav then lol :D or am I just enjoying a modern classic ??

48562385387_f715b1edb6_k.jpg

Forgot I posted this the other day !! Laughing at some of the comments :)

I know the Punto GT isn't to everyones taste and totally get it that people don't rate it as a classic, but it doesn't bother me and it's nice having something a bit different that hardly anybody knows about !!

I'll just try and defend it a little LOL

I've owned this car 17 years and basically the last 9 years it's been stored in my Mums garage as the floorpan went rusty, I decided 2 years ago to restore the complete underneath and got it back on the road last year, and I've loved every minute driving it on the road since, I forgot how much fun they are !! 170 BHP with no sign of a Turbo till after 3000rpm and no driving aids never stops putting a smile on your face :)

You will all think I'm mad but i also had an Alfa 147 GTA that I recently sold, as that needed some work doing and I couldn't be arsed to keep two project type cars running and one of them had to go and I decided to keep the Punto GT !! Few reasons why I did, there is only about 50 left on the road, easy to work on (I can do all the work myself) cheaper to run and parts, easier to tune (bigger turbo is on the cards aiming for a reliable 210bhp) it was just as quick as the Alfa to about 100mph and was more fun to drive !! and also for sentimental reasons, I knew I would miss the Punto if I sold it and wouldn't find another decent example, plenty of tidy 147 GTA's available if I want another !!

Since when is a punto a modern classic or any kind of classic? I had one as my first car then replaced it with a mk2 golf valver after 6 months. Was and still is the most fun I’ve had in a car.

All of that is null in void by the fact that it has a punto badge on the back. May as well be a metro turbo :p.

Now a Renault 5 Gt turbo I would consider as a classic, even a starlet or a Polo G40 but a punto is a punto.

Would you class the Uno Turbo as a classic ? the Uno had a far superior engine than the Renault 5 (Fuel Injection in the Uno v Carburettor in the 5) the Punto GT is basically a repackaged Uno Turbo (Same Engine) I would't class a Renault any better than a FIAT LOL

ASBO incoming Mr obnoxious exhaust.

#DTMBRO

Yeah not a fan of the Exhaust either, it's just what was on there from the 90's, will change it soon.

Is it an iconic car? Lol, nope.
Does it have character? Umm...
Is it in demand? Was it ever??

I’m the only thing it’s got going for it, is it just scrapes into the latter period (1992-93) of what ‘could’ be termed a modern classic.

Old and rare-ish doesn’t make it a modern classic :p

Looks in great nick though.

It has loads of character if you drove one
Never has been in demand (good thing in my eyes)

Cars like Fiesta XR2's, RS Turbo's, Renault 5's and Golf GTi's are what you call a modern classic but they are no way better than a Punto GT, and I certainly wouldn't swap it for any of them !!

It's in very good nick thank you :)

To be fair, anyone driving an older car in super tidy condition gets way more kudos from me than the current generation of 'car scene' crew with their "Pops n Bangs map from ebay" on a finance companies motor.
It gives a nice feeling knowing that your keeping an older car on the road :)

That's getting dangerously close to `Inbetweeners` territory...

That's what my boss calls it lol

If anybody's interested, this guy on youtube test drives a lot of iconic cars and he seems to like it ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd4-pRy9j6A

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom