what cpu to go for to go with the new 30 RTX

Soldato
If you play at 4K then either CPU would be fine with the ryzen being a bit more future proof with PCIe gen 4.0 but if you play at something like 1080p then the Intel chip will pull slightly ahead.

Things might change soon when the new ryzen 4000 chips release in around a month so if you haven't got the GPU yet or have it on pre order then your best hanging on for a bit.

Soldato
Things might change soon when the new ryzen 4000 chips release in around a month so if you haven't got the GPU yet or have it on pre order then your best hanging on for a bit.
As above.

Zen 3 (4000/5000 series) has its paper launch early October and the hope is that the CPUs will hit the stores within 2 months - hopefully end of October.

Soldato
The trick will be buying a 3080. Some very greasy scalper activities going on apparently.
I got mine installed today but then the internet went down and is still not back on so haven't been able to play / test it out, first time my internets been down for like 2 years....

Associate
OP
If you play at 4K then either CPU would be fine with the ryzen being a bit more future proof with PCIe gen 4.0 but if you play at something like 1080p then the Intel chip will pull slightly ahead.

cool i have a
ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27 inch Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor (2560 x 1440 for gaming) and a 2nd monitor for everything else
Samsung LS34J552WQUXEN 34" Ultra Wide LED Monitor - WQHD 3440x1440 cool i mite wait abit see what the spec of the new amd's are than thanks

Associate
Why are people even considering AMD for gaming it puzzles me! Lol Go with Intel on this one. 10600k is one of the best gaming cpus you can get today, leaving some room for upgrading in the future.

Also the whole PCI-e debate 3 vs 4 is pointless as there is little to gain. Your best bet is gettingva faster CPU for gaming.

Man of Honour
Why are people even considering AMD for gaming it puzzles me! Lol Go with Intel on this one. 10600k is one of the best gaming cpus you can get today, leaving some room for upgrading in the future.

Also the whole PCI-e debate 3 vs 4 is pointless as there is little to gain. Your best bet is gettingva faster CPU for gaming.

Did you miss the news ref AMD being ahead in games now?

Associate
OP

it's only 0.4Ghz more then the top amd new cpu and intel is like double price

Associate
Yeah, AMD wrekt Intel again, people should hold for 5xxx series now.

Intel will be back though, it's kind of their thing. Took a kick in 15-20 years ago and dominated for the next decade plus.

Back
Top Bottom