What deals have you got out of O2 online recently?

Associate
scratch said:
You need to bear in mind that Oddball was on the Online 400 tariff, so was worth more to o2 than someone who is on a basic cheap tariff. The networks are usually more willing to bend over backwards tfor the bigger spenders.

Andy
Yeah, the woman did say they could offer better deals to people that had a lot more minutes on their contract.

Anyway, when I called back the other day, when the E900 was supposed to be back in stock, I was told it would now not be back until August 7th :( The deal they offered me will still stand though.

Associate
recently got this deal when the k800i first came out...

k800i = £69.99

£10 per month line rental for 12 months ... 100 x net mins and 300 texts ...

pretty dam happy:)

make sure you go straight through to retentions and ask for you pac code ....

:)

Soldato
Hi all,

its good to see the guys from last year who upgraded at the same time back on the boards! last year i managed 500 mins and 400 txts for £15 pm and a w800i on the day of release for £25 (should have cost £75 at least!! Not bad eh :) )

Anyway, i still like my w800i and am looking to upgrade and sell the new phone on; i need to get a car and so every little bit helps (im a student blah blah!).

So which of the new phones out will offer a good resale value? im thinking the nokia n80, and the SE k800i could get me a few quid....and what new phone does samsung have to offer?

I hope i can keep my tarrif, or decrease the mins for more texts as i seem to go over my limit sometimes.

Anyway thanks in advance for any help, lets hope we can get good deals this time round.

Soldato
Zaf said:
I rang up yesterday

Told them I could get 1000 txt and 500min and Free XDA mini with T-mobile for £35

So they offerd me 400min and 1000txt for £20 but £79 for the phone :mad:

Think going to move to t-mobile had enough of o2

It is a £300 (and the rest) phone though.

You might get a better deal in the short run with t-mobile but your buying into a lesser network.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
z0mbi3 said:
It is a £300 (and the rest) phone though.

You might get a better deal in the short run with t-mobile but your buying into a lesser network.

Thing that annoyed me tho is they offer the phone on a new contract for £49.99 I've been with them for just over 3 years and only ever upgraded once

Soldato
I'm well chuffed at the deal I've just got out of O2....

Currently on:
K750i + 200 mins + 200 text @ £35 p/m + VAT

I've got 2 of these, one for me and one for missus. As you can imagine we've been going well over our quota and I've had some pretty hefty bills in the last 12 months :eek:

Phoned them last night and asked for pac code and they offered me:
K800i + 500 mins + 300 text @ £25p/m & £79.99 for the phone
W810i + 500 mins + 300 text @ £25p/m & £49.99 for the phone

Both on 12 month contracts. Not bad but I didn't want to pay £130 for the phones so I told them I'd think about it... Phoned back this morning and said I was going over to Orange for £25 p/m 500min + 500text and free phones on 18 month contract... O2 came back with this deal

New Deal: (12 month contract)
K800i + 500 mins + 500 text @ £20 p/m & £29.99 for the phone
W810i + 500 mins + 500 text @ £20 p/m

Pretty damn good offer so I accepted :D All those big phone bills must have made O2 want to keep me...

Associate
Lol, well I'm off, good deal they offered me, not.

Had K750 last year for £39.99 and £19 a month, ported that number from a long time o2/genie sim.

The 'normal' retentions offered me K800 for £179.99 or W810i for £149.99. I laughed but she could do no better, nor explain why it was on £69.99 if I took a new contract (o2 webby price)

I then rung the 'real' rentions and asked for my pac. She came back with the same prices above and despite me protesting and persisting in the least sarcastic way I could, she would not budge. I told her I could get the K800 free for £25 a mth on Orange and she refused to believe it was a 12mth contract. I told her it was and read it word for word from the webby. She then told me my pac would be with me in 5 days :o

oops, guess I'm changing networks!

Associate
matthew_o50 said:
Just of the phone to o2. I talked to the guy on the upgrade line and he wanted to charge me £89.99 for the Samsung E900 and would not budge on that so I told him I could get it for free on a contract elsewhere and how do I go about cancelling my contract. He put me through to retentions. The lady there asked why I wanted to cancel and I explained I could get the E900 free elsewhere to which she said she would knock £5 of my line rental making it £10 per month (it is supposed to be £25) but the phone would still cost £89.99. I accepted as she started to go on about if I wanted to take my number with me :eek:!

My 12 Month Online 50 contract (£19 a month was up for renewal last week).

I called them said I wanted LG Chocolate - was told it'd be £99.99. I said that the phone is free for new customers on the same contract. They couldn't change it -due to my past usage (i.e. lack of spending more than my contract gives me). So I told them I'd like to cancel and I'd just get a new contract or go elsewhere - once through to retentions the best they could offer was the phone for £50 and £5 a month off my contract. I figured this was a saving of £10 over the year on my current deal and a new phone so I went with it. But it didn't seem to be the mega deals that other people have been getting!

Soldato
Can you only call when your contract is up? How can I find out when my contract is up (i've forgotten when it started)?

Currently I'm paying 17 quid plus 5 pound for insurance. But I've been paying about 50 quid a month due to texting my girl in america. I need to get my line rental down to around a tenner. Im not bothered about what phone I get.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Tweek_1984 said:
Can you only call when your contract is up? How can I find out when my contract is up (i've forgotten when it started)?

Currently I'm paying 17 quid plus 5 pound for insurance. But I've been paying about 50 quid a month due to texting my girl in america. I need to get my line rental down to around a tenner. Im not bothered about what phone I get.

If your with o2 online just log on and see how far your bills go back

Soldato
Tweek_1984 said:

Your contract doesn't just go "up", it'll just renew. You've got to cancel it to stop renewal.

Soldato
I just upgraded, was looking for a free phone to sell cos i want to keep my w800i. I managed to get a nokia 6131, 750 anytime mins and 750 texts on a 18 month contract for £20per month.

Not bad if u ask me, seems a great deal as i dont need the phone.

However anybody wanting a n80, k800i etc will have to fork out £100 + for the phone, they just wont budge.

Associate
does anyone know how good at budging o2 are on new contracts? Ive been on pay and go with them for years but I need a new handset so I want to try and get some kind of deal with their online 50 tariff..maybe cut down the minutes and pay less or swap some minutes for more texts

Soldato
Naan_H said:
I just upgraded, was looking for a free phone to sell cos i want to keep my w800i. I managed to get a nokia 6131, 750 anytime mins and 750 texts on a 18 month contract for £20per month.

Not bad if u ask me, seems a great deal as i dont need the phone.

However anybody wanting a n80, k800i etc will have to fork out £100 + for the phone, they just wont budge.

hey naan, good to see you again. I'm in the same boat again as you and need to upgrade by tomorrow :eek: I would like to keep my 500mins+400texts@£15pm but i think a phone upgrade would cost too much. I would love a new phone, probably thinking d900 or e900 but i think that would cost a lot.

As ive said in my other thread i wouldn't mind lowering my minutes to 300, keeping txts@ 400 all for £15 pm still and possibly pay for a new phone, but what is the luck of getting this.

What amazing deals are out there that i could quote them because the best i have found is the orange student deals for 18months with 1000texts, magic number to call for free for 6 months, but only give 50 mins i think for £19pm :confused:
Im not sure if they will listen to me playing the student card and whinging that most my mates have finished and will call them lots so will need the mins. Argh confusion.

A big question: if you don't ring up and leave it or just ask to carry on the same tarrif will it just keep going for another 12 months ?

Naan, jusat tried to PM you but it says i don't have privilages. Sending an e-mail now :)

Last edited:
Associate
Magsy said:
Lol, well I'm off, good deal they offered me, not.

Had K750 last year for £39.99 and £19 a month, ported that number from a long time o2/genie sim.

The 'normal' retentions offered me K800 for £179.99 or W810i for £149.99. I laughed but she could do no better, nor explain why it was on £69.99 if I took a new contract (o2 webby price)

I then rung the 'real' rentions and asked for my pac. She came back with the same prices above and despite me protesting and persisting in the least sarcastic way I could, she would not budge. I told her I could get the K800 free for £25 a mth on Orange and she refused to believe it was a 12mth contract. I told her it was and read it word for word from the webby. She then told me my pac would be with me in 5 days :o

oops, guess I'm changing networks!

The exact same happened to me today... I was amazed that they just said 'Okay' when I asked for my PAC. The first lady offered me a K800i for £130 - I told her that wasn't good enough and she put me through to retentions who said 'I wonder where she plucked that figure from - it seems a little excessive. Actually, I can offer you a K800 for £180 sir.' Err, yeah...

Back
Top Bottom