What deals have you got out of O2 online recently?

Soldato
OP
Well I was wrong with the original deal o2 gave me when I upgraded at the end of July. I thought I was getting my line rental for £10 as she said she would give me a £5 discount when my line rental was £15 last year. How wrong was I? It turns out she was only giving me £5 discount from the £25 a month online 100 tarriff line rental and they charged me £89.99 for the E900. After sitting on the phone to o2 complaining and asking to cancel my contract for the last hour I managed to get the line rental back to £15 and that was only when talking to the manager. They are definately getting worse with upgrades :mad:

Associate
Here's the latest deal I have been offered on O2;

Nokia N73 for £109.99

500 txt, 500 x-mins for £20 p/m on 12month contract.

The 500 txt/mins for 20 quid is great! But what about the price for the phone?

Should I go for it? Or can I get the price of the phone down? But I have a feeling they wont budge that price since its a brand new phone.

Cheers.

Soldato
Ive been offered the 500 texts/500 mins for £20 a month, 12 month contract.

They wanted £50 for D900 and £69 for the k800i, didnt ask about the N73

Whats your current spend a month with 02? im currently averaging £31 a month on the online 400 tarrif, 400 mins, 1000 texts.

Soldato
gotta renew mine in a month or two. Hopefully keep the same minutes and text but at a lower cost per month.
Im on 500minutes and 1000text for £30/month. Hoping for £20-25 a month and a nice phone.

Associate
I just phoned up 02 to cancel my contract, and they managed to tempt me back with a great deal. 500 mins and 500 texts, for £20 a month, and with £100 credit in the account. So pretty much 5 months free! :D Not as good as some contracts I've seen people get but pretty damn good for me!

Soldato
Fergie said:
I just phoned up 02 to cancel my contract, and they managed to tempt me back with a great deal. 500 mins and 500 texts, for £20 a month, and with £100 credit in the account. So pretty much 5 months free! :D Not as good as some contracts I've seen people get but pretty damn good for me!

Thats not bad, what phone did you get? and how much was your average bill?

Associate
bobbyboy uk said:
Thats not bad, what phone did you get? and how much was your average bill?

Thats the thing, I didn't get a new phone with the renewal I got the £100 credit instead. I paid £23 a month, and very rarely exceeded it. I'm not bothered about a new phone, i'm happy with what I got. (XDA IIs).

Soldato
Fergie said:
Thats the thing, I didn't get a new phone with the renewal I got the £100 credit instead. I paid £23 a month, and very rarely exceeded it. I'm not bothered about a new phone, i'm happy with what I got. (XDA IIs).

Hmmm, but you could have paid £50 for a d900 or £70 for a k900 and sold it for £200+

Associate
Bobby, i originally took out a £30 p/m contract last year but i was never over that each month, so took it down to £20 p/m.

Fergie, I'm interested also what phone you got and did you have to pay anything for the phone?

Cheers.

Edit: Ok didnt see ** quick reply lol. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
Not interested in selling it atm, i'm thinking of keeping it as a PDA, and buying just a normal phone such as 6230i. I know I could have got a better deal and or done things better, but I was just blinded by the 5 months free :o

Soldato
How do you go about this business of cancelling? I bought my mob from O2 on or about the 25th of August last year, and am looking to upgrade. Do I have to give a 30 day notice to cancel if I choose to cancel? And if I choose to upgrade I suppose I'm not going to require notice, right?
I'm on an Online 400 tariff with a text bolt on and ALWAYS manage to go over the limit, what are my chances of getting a K800i for free on the same (ish) plan but without the messages?

Soldato
El Gringo said:
How do you go about this business of cancelling? I bought my mob from O2 on or about the 25th of August last year, and am looking to upgrade. Do I have to give a 30 day notice to cancel if I choose to cancel? And if I choose to upgrade I suppose I'm not going to require notice, right?
I'm on an Online 400 tariff with a text bolt on and ALWAYS manage to go over the limit, what are my chances of getting a K800i for free on the same (ish) plan but without the messages?

Ring their upgrades and say that 'three' have offered you a great deal, liek 2000texts, 600mins for £15pm. If they don;t help you out much then ask to be put through to retentions as 'the three deal seems tooo good'. THEN BARTER with them until you get a good deal.

Aim for 500mins, 500texts for £15-£20pm and a free sammy E900 or pay a little for a D900 and k800i.

Be nice to them, but quite firm. Also if you eventually said that you would be willing to stay with them for 18months contract period then they might lower prices a bit.

Check thsi thread out for deals that people got last year, and a few that have upgraded to even cheaper deals :D:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=95920&start=300

btw, customer service = 0870 600 3009 (for O2 online customers), and retentions direct = 0870 600 7102.

Now go get a cracking deal !

Soldato
adfinni said:
Ring their upgrades and say that 'three' have offered you a great deal, liek 2000texts, 600mins for £15pm. If they don;t help you out much then ask to be put through to retentions as 'the three deal seems tooo good'. THEN BARTER with them until you get a good deal.

Aim for 500mins, 500texts for £15-£20pm and a free sammy E900 or pay a little for a D900 and k800i.

Be nice to them, but quite firm. Also if you eventually said that you would be willing to stay with them for 18months contract period then they might lower prices a bit.

Check thsi thread out for deals that people got last year, and a few that have upgraded to even cheaper deals :D:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=95920&start=300

btw, customer service = 0870 600 3009 (for O2 online customers), and retentions direct = 0870 600 7102.

Now go get a cracking deal !

Adfinni, how did you get on mate? did you get a good deal?

Soldato
Naan_H said:
Adfinni, how did you get on mate? did you get a good deal?

Just rang them :D:D:D

let's just say look at the second paragraph of my precious and long post.

hint hint

Last edited:
Soldato
adfinni said:
Just rang them :D:D:D

let's just say look at the second paragraph of my precious and long post.

hint hint

lol, looks like i didnt bleed them enough, but hey im happy still with my deal :) ...good work there bro!

Soldato
Naan_H said:
lol, looks like i didnt bleed them enough, but hey im happy still with my deal :) ...good work there bro!

Well as soon as this guy pickedup the phone i thought, like taking candy from a paralyzed child :D The guy was really nice on the phone even when i told him about the three 500texts 500mins deal for £15pm and i said i wanted to leave.

He offered up 500texts + 500mins for £20pm straight away and wouldn't budge when i satrted leaning towards three. It's because he said ive only been paying £15pm for the last year and i havnt gone over my mins or texts. Last few months iver used max about 150 mins each month and 250 texts. That's the summer for you, but when i showed him that i used most my texts from jan-april he said fair enough and the extra 100 should be fine.

Then he said that he offered me that because i have been with them for 2 years and that as i hardly use mins he would have made me pay £25 for it. I didn't want to lose this offer as 500 texts is what i wanted, then he offered E900 @ Free, D900 @ £50, K800i @ £70. Wouldnt budge on anything when i said about staying on for 18months, and i thought is the D900 worth £50 of my 'final 4th year freshers week drinking fund.'

So in the end he said free insurance for 3months and i thought...'this dealing is pretty sweet and i don't wana screw him around and lose it'.

Ok, long post but in the end:
E900 @ FREE, 500texts + 500 anytime mins @ £20pm, 3 months free insurance :D:D:D

Plus they owe me £35 from the start of the new contract as they charged me for a few months worth of texts.

All in all well chuffed.

Last edited:
Associate
I rang o2 online this week for an upgrade. Last year i was on 500mins/400 texts for £10 per month (was meant to be £15 but they didnt take off part of the discount). Last year i had a K750i FOC.

I spoke to Carl and said i wasn't happy with their service this year as they always mess me about with billing problems. I said 3 have offered me 500mins/500texts for £15 per month which is what i said last year to get a good deal. He said i was on a better tarriff this year and i agreed, he then said i could stay on my tarriff for another 12 months at the same price.

He said the K800i would be £80 but if i waited till the end of August the upgrade price would drop, so i will ring back then.

Another successful upgrade!

Back
Top Bottom