What deals have you got out of O2 online recently?

Soldato
Nice lady called Karen served me at O2, I'm not on 200mins, 500 texts for £20pm, 10% discount on the international calls thing and a free K800i :)

Chuffage!

Thanks to adfinni and the rest of you guys for the advice given in this thread.

/oh, 12 month contract :)

Associate
Just spent 10 minutes on hold with no answer, so i gave up and i'll try again tomorrow. I would be more annoyed had it not been an 0800 number :p

EDIT: Managed to get through on a different number to "o2 online", told them i was on £30 for 300 mins and 50 texts, the guy said all they could offer was 75 mins and 150 texts for £19. Then he said he had made a mistake and then said my best bet would be to go on the 750+750 tariff for £35 per month, plus 18 month contract.

He didnt take my name or details or anything, so i dont think he got the jist of what i was saying. I'll try again at the weekend.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dange said:
Just spent 10 minutes on hold with no answer, so i gave up and i'll try again tomorrow. I would be more annoyed had it not been an 0800 number :p

EDIT: Managed to get through on a different number to "o2 online", told them i was on £30 for 300 mins and 50 texts, the guy said all they could offer was 75 mins and 150 texts for £19. Then he said he had made a mistake and then said my best bet would be to go on the 750+750 tariff for £35 per month, plus 18 month contract.

He didnt take my name or details or anything, so i dont think he got the jist of what i was saying. I'll try again at the weekend.

Lol screw that 75 mins and 150 texts for £19 is insanely expensive!!! Go for 500mins + 500 texts at £20. The guy offered me that straight away when i said that three had offered me a good deal.

Just say that three offered you 500mins+500texts @ £15pm when they called you last week :D

THe deal you get depends on so many factors, such as how long you have been with O2, the person on the other end, and most importantly how you put across that you want to leave unless you get the offer you want which you may have to negotiate very hard for.

Hope that helps

@El Gringo. Glad to be of service mate, i still recognise some of the other guys like Naan from a huge thread we made last year discussing the upgrade tricks. I don;t have a clue if im on 12 or 18month contract, i think i might ring em up to check :D

Associate
Cheers Adfinni, im gonna give that a try. Which number did you ring when you sorted out your deal? I think i probably ended up at the wrong department. And did you say straight away that you wanted to quit, or did you ask for an upgrade?

Soldato
Dange said:
Cheers Adfinni, im gonna give that a try. Which number did you ring when you sorted out your deal? I think i probably ended up at the wrong department. And did you say straight away that you wanted to quit, or did you ask for an upgrade?

I rang o2 customer services saying i wanted to cancel my contract due to huge billing mistakes and mentioned the imaginary '3' deal...you really have to put across that you will leave or they wont bother giving u a good offer...they then put me through to retentions where the dude there played right into my trap :D.....just put across a deal you want and depending on certain factors like adfinni mentioned you should get a decent deal....just haggle haggle haggle, you have nothing to lose... its a shame that thread from last year has disappeared...some very good advice there.....if you have the time read this thread from the beginning (its been posted here before):

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=95920&start=0

Hope that helps boys, and bleed O2 dry! :p

Associate
Spoke to them on Wednesday and stayed on the same tarrif as last year:

500mins and 300txts for £15 - 12mth contract with K610 for free.

They wanted £149 for the K800i and £100 for the W810i and wouldnt budge at all as I havnt gone over £15 for the past year.

Phone arrives today, if I dont like it I'll send it back and just take the £120 credit on my account.

Soldato
Anyone got any good 3 offer that I can use to get a good deal?

I only spend around £20 a month with O2, so it's tough to get a good deal. Ideally I'd like to get an E900 that I can flog on straight away..

Soldato
Raider said:
Anyone got any good 3 offer that I can use to get a good deal?

Just make it up :D SAy that three called you last week as they rung you a few months ago then you said to ring back now as it's contract renewal time, and if you want to keep it simple rather than pushing your luck say you are tempted by thier offer of 500 anytime mins, 500 texts @£15pm and a k800i for £50 (or whatever you want), all on an 18month contract.

Then negotiate.

I only spend around £20 a month with O2, so it's tough to get a good deal. Ideally I'd like to get an E900 that I can flog on straight.away..

Mine arrived today and it IS THA SEX !!!!!

Got it for the stupendously sky high price of £0, and it came today after i rang up on wednesday night at ~7pm.

Soldato
Well i tried for the third time, said id been offered £15 a month 3 deal, 500 mins and texts , 12 month contract, they checked to see what they could do, and offered me £20 month and £80 for the k800i.

So ive left 02,been with them since it was genie, gone with this 3 deal.

Its a very good deal really, the phone isnt upto much, but ive seen these go for £140 on ebay, will also get £30 referal bonus to.

http://threestore.three.co.uk/offerdetails.aspx?offercode=18DS14OL74

Associate
I jsut rang o2, got offered £15 pm for 300mins and 50 texts, or £20 pm for 500 mins and 500 texts. Not sure which i'll pick but theyre both good deals for me.

Best phones i was offered free were the n70, E900 and W810i, they wanted £79.99 for the k800i and n80. Think i'll go with the n70, but im gonna pop into the link and check out the e900 before i make my final decision. Cheers for the advice everyone :D

Associate
Ok the N73 is now on the O2 website. They have it priced at £49.99. This price of the phone sticks, even if you select the cheapest tariff (£19 p/m)!

I have managed to get as far as the checkout with these options just to make sure the handset price wouldn't change.

So with this screen in front of me, I phoned O2 retentions, and they STILL couldn't give me a price of the handset over the phone! Wtf lol. They said phone back 2moro :rolleyes:

If I can get this handset price on the deal I was originally offered, I will be laughing. We'll see.....

Associate
nimz said:
Ok the N73 is now on the O2 website. They have it priced at £49.99. This price of the phone sticks, even if you select the cheapest tariff (£19 p/m)!

I have managed to get as far as the checkout with these options just to make sure the handset price wouldn't change.

So with this screen in front of me, I phoned O2 retentions, and they STILL couldn't give me a price of the handset over the phone! Wtf lol. They said phone back 2moro :rolleyes:

If I can get this handset price on the deal I was originally offered, I will be laughing. We'll see.....

What's the chances of them being able to offer this phone tomorrow? It looks quite a bit better than the n70 i was thinking of, so is it worth waiting a bit longer for?

Associate
Ok, just got a phone call from O2 regarding my interest in the N73. I couldn't get the phone for £49.99 cos my monthly spending isn't high enough. (under £25), so got it for £99.99 (discounted from £159.99 apparently), but I am getting a few discounts on my contract so I was happy. Be here in the next couple of days! :)

I mentioned to her about the how you can select the phone on the website with the lowest tarrif, and it still says £49.99 for the handset. She said it will probably come up with a note saying to phone O2 about your purchase.

Soldato
A lot of these are pretty poo deals. Last year I got 600 free minutes and 600 free txts for £25 a month + free w800i on 12 months. Im going to have a go in the next few months and get a to of the range free phone and keep the deal im on now. I use all the texts and minutes bar a few every month so its an amazing deal for me :)

Associate
Nathan said:
A lot of these are pretty poo deals. Last year I got 600 free minutes and 600 free txts for £25 a month + free w800i on 12 months. Im going to have a go in the next few months and get a to of the range free phone and keep the deal im on now. I use all the texts and minutes bar a few every month so its an amazing deal for me :)

I was allowed to keep my deal this time around, but getting a free phone was more difficult this year. The o2 guy said they were being less agressive this year with upgrades.

Whereas last year they matched a 3 deal i asked for with a free phone, this year they give the handset price depending on your monthly spend. I was band A (under £20/month)

Soldato
looks like you are paying an extra £5 a month for the phone...i got 750 mins and 750 texts for £20 per month...i asked for d900 / k800i etc for free but they would only give it to me for >£100... in the end i took a nokia 6131 for free and just flogged it on the bay for £155 :D

Associate
Naan_H said:
looks like you are paying an extra £5 a month for the phone...i got 750 mins and 750 texts for £20 per month...i asked for d900 / k800i etc for free but they would only give it to me for >£100... in the end i took a nokia 6131 for free and just flogged it on the bay for £155 :D

I have been offered:
K800 £70
D900 £50
N73 £110
K610i Free
Z400 Free

Which of these or others will give me the most profit on ebay?

Soldato
charltonfan1 said:
I have been offered:
K800 £70
D900 £50
N73 £110
K610i Free
Z400 Free

Which of these or others will give me the most profit on ebay?

I think the d900 will get you the most profit...the k800 and d900 when i last checked were going for £220 - £270 but i think the d900 will go for slightly more than the k800...when i called i had to make a split second decision and just opted for one of the free fones...im quite happy i made a £155 profit on it lol. Have a check on ebay for the k610 becuase it is 3G it might fetch more. Sorry i cant be more precise.

Soldato
Just rang O2 to leave for Orange (genuinely this time!), and the guy made me a new offer..

I'm currently on 100 minutes anytime for £19 a month.
Was going to switch to Orange for £25 a month (100 minutes anytime + 150 minutes landline calls) plus free D900, and he made me this offer:

500 minutes Anytime, 500 texts for £20 a month and a D900 for £59.99!!

Yes I'm effectively paying £25 a month once the phone cost is included, but 500minutes! Just depends who you talk to I guess. Because the woman I spoke to this morning wouldn't give me anything. Maybe they have software that detected that I really was willing to leave this time :p

Back
Top Bottom