What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
That's what, 3 tanks of fuel?.
Was about 30mpg which is not too bad to say it all major stop/start riding here..

Yamaha really messed up the low speed fueling on the MT-10. It's easily fixed via an ECU flash though.
Am thinking of trying a PCV 5, But Wish I could try one before buying it as it may not help with smoothing out the low speed running of the bike.
As looking around on MT10 forums some owners say it does help while others say it doesn't

It really annoying that the one I have for my FZ1 (Gen2 fazer 1000) doesn't work with the MT10 :(

Man of Honour
Was about 30mpg which is not too bad to say it all major stop/start riding here..

Am thinking of trying a PCV 5, But Wish I could try one before buying it as it may not help with smoothing out the low speed running of the bike.
As looking around on MT10 forums some owners say it does help while others say it doesn't

It really annoying that the one I have for my FZ1 (Gen2 fazer 1000) doesn't work with the MT10 :(

PC5 is the wrong choice as you're fighting the ECU. Flesh the ECU directly.

Soldato
As an owner of the same bike i agree with @Kreeeee that a pc5 is the wrong route for the Mt10 . I had mine done by J33 (https://www.facebook.com/DynoDude/) who is the leading MT10 Dyno guy and he has mapped most of the guys i know in the SP FB group mine included . And its a night and day comparison between the 2 . Mine was only a year old when i got mine done and had 0 issues but i would argue the toss about any engine failure with a map . But you can always send it back to him to have the map removed if you did have any issue if yer worried .

He does postal maps as well if you cant get up there and its only a few days turn around . It does transform how it rides and now a pleasure in town

Soldato
Had a belting ride out today, from Suffolk right up to north Norfolk and back down, with a brief stop off at Seastar Superbikes. My normal riding mate on a KTM1290 Super Adventure and one other who we haven't ridden with for a while on his Multistrada 1260. Both those bikes have some serious grunt out of corners, and it does almost tempt me into thinking about a twin again. Those three bikes are pretty evenly matched in road conditions - great fun.

Soldato
Fitted a smaller front sprocket to the RS in the week - down to 15 teeth on the front, it's mental! The acceleration in every gear up to red line is insane, it feels like it's on boost or something :D It seems to have lopped off around 20 mph (indicated) from the top, but I'd rather have the poke in the bends, rather than prison top-end.... though I did miss seeing those sorts of numbers when testing her :(

Soldato
Managed to get my leg over a bike for the first time in about 11 weeks, my broken tibia has healed but my acl is still a work in progress. Off road riding is a no go for another 3 months or more but road riding is manageable :D

Soldato
Not what I did to my bike per sae, but I ran my final 2019 'Biker Down' course today for this season. Been a phenomenal year for SFRS Biker Down in my area as lead co-ordinator/instructor. My team and I have put hundreds of riders through the courses this year and hopefully in turn, raised an awareness in the local riding fraternity of how to cope with the aftermath of a bike collision and save lives. I love this and I'm hugely passionate about it. Roll on 2020's courses which kick off again in April next year.:cool:

12.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

IMG-20190915-121249.jpg

IMG-20190915-132905.jpg

IMG-20190915-133624.jpg

Man of Honour
Unfortunately not; I don't have access!

I told @Maccy how to do it; as well as introduce a like button - but appears to have gotten no where;

@Matt O'Brien?

The day that gets added is the day I stop using these forums.

Good on you Draegner, are you also a fire fighter?

I did 2 track days this weekend and my mate fell off right at the end of the day. It's his first fall in 20 years of riding but he took it well.

Don
That bum can't get anything done.

It's true

The day that gets added is the day I stop using these forums.

Good on you Draegner, are you also a fire fighter?

I did 2 track days this weekend and my mate fell off right at the end of the day. It's his first fall in 20 years of riding but he took it well.

What's your objection to it? I don't understand the negativity.

Man of Honour
What's your objection to it? I don't understand the negativity.

This is one of the last pure forums out there, and there is a reason Spie left it pretty much untouched in format since its inception.

Adding the clutter and distractions that you find on Facebook stifles discussion, encourages posts fishing for likes, and discourages posting responses.

One of the big reasons I post so much on here is that people need to engage in discussion and debate, so I flip the question and I ask you what benefit to discussions and debates does adding a like button provide?

This thread should be cleaned up by the way as it has gone way off topic

Don
This is one of the last pure forums out there, and there is a reason Spie left it pretty much untouched in format since its inception.

Adding the clutter and distractions that you find on Facebook stifles discussion, encourages posts fishing for likes, and discourages posting responses.

One of the big reasons I post so much on here is that people need to engage in discussion and debate, so I flip the question and I ask you what benefit to discussions and debates does adding a like button provide?

It encourages interactions between members. A like shows support of a post which you agree with.

I like the idea and expressed as much when the idea was mooted around a while back.

Soldato

Wholeheartedly agree with this stance - these forums don't include the daft Facebook-esq features like 'Like', as people take the time to reply back if they do like something.

Here's hoping it never changes grrrrrr :D

Back
Top Bottom