What did you do to your bike today?

Man of Honour
Fitted a carbon fibre seat cowl and rear trim piece, last bits are the 2 sides of the rear seat which I'll get after next payday and then it's a decision on what to do with the tank.

Then I took it out for its first proper spanking as I had to help my mate pick his fence up after last week's winds. It's glorious the quick shifter is awesome the sound is moreish and I can actually have some fun working the bike at legal speeds unlike the blackbird.

Still need to get used to the new body position though so my Chicken strips are more like chicken carcasses :D

Soldato
Coated loads of nuts/bolts and spoke nipples on my bike with xrp rust protection. Need to strip bits off and give it a better coating but I’ve done the main bits for now. New motoz tyres going on soon which should make it a bit more of an adventure bike, currently it’s a bit dodgy in skippy mud and terrible on wet roads, especially white lines!

Soldato
Got the chain cleaned and oiled as it was a complete mess from the salt and had a look at what damage it had done to the Tiger as it's the first winter it's been used.

Few bolts heads rusty and few other spots, should brush off i hope, i did use ACF50 but i'll make sure i use a lot more next winter. Just waiting for some decent dry weather now to give it a proper clean.

Soldato
Got the chain cleaned and oiled as it was a complete mess from the salt and had a look at what damage it had done to the Tiger as it's the first winter it's been used.

Few bolts heads rusty and few other spots, should brush off i hope, i did use ACF50 but i'll make sure i use a lot more next winter. Just waiting for some decent dry weather now to give it a proper clean.
Not sure how effective it’ll be but I used a soft toothbrush to apply the rust protection to nuts/bolts so it was a bit thicker.

Soldato
Installed a case saver/sprocket guard. The OEM guard so so big it collects crud and spreads it on to the chain. This one will allow it to be cleaned without having to remove it.

Also gave it a full clean, blow dry, put some silicone spray on the plastics and polished the pipe.

I recently bought an Abba stand which is great but because the bike is so tall, I had to get the additional platform to raise it up. It’s really annoying as it’s small and has feet that catch on the carpet in my garage. It’s also small and very difficult to line up. I’m going to make something from wood that’s bigger so I don’t have to faff about lining it up. Shame they don’t just do a taller stand.

NgVkUkL.jpg

Man of Honour
Booked it in for a suspension setup tomorrow afternoon, weather looks a bit rubbish but hopefully I'll get a run out over the weekend to see what difference it's made. Currently it feels quite skippy over rough roads so fingers crossed they'll be able to dial that out.

Man of Honour
Booked it in for a suspension setup tomorrow afternoon, weather looks a bit rubbish but hopefully I'll get a run out over the weekend to see what difference it's made. Currently it feels quite skippy over rough roads so fingers crossed they'll be able to dial that out.

I’ve just put uprated springs in my forks. It’s annoying that pretty much every manufacturer sets them up too soft for some reason, and preload adjustment is a band aid fix.

Man of Honour
I’ve just put uprated springs in my forks. It’s annoying that pretty much every manufacturer sets them up too soft for some reason, and preload adjustment is a band aid fix.
Even more annoying when you're more on the heavyweight side of normal.
There's a good chance I'll need to have some springs changed but we'll see what he can do with it as is for now.

Soldato
Took it for its first spin, went further than I anticipated to begin with. But since it was so much fun, I went to visit my mate who was servicing his STR. :D

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FsT5ba5oqj1C8SV39

It was freezing and the wind made the journey interesting on the dual carriageway...

hah, love the sound. I went to the MZ museum in Berlin a few years ago. I loved it, but the mrs was less impressed lol

Back
Top Bottom