What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Installed a case saver/sprocket guard. The OEM guard so so big it collects crud and spreads it on to the chain. This one will allow it to be cleaned without having to remove it.

Also gave it a full clean, blow dry, put some silicone spray on the plastics and polished the pipe.

I recently bought an Abba stand which is great but because the bike is so tall, I had to get the additional platform to raise it up. It’s really annoying as it’s small and has feet that catch on the carpet in my garage. It’s also small and very difficult to line up. I’m going to make something from wood that’s bigger so I don’t have to faff about lining it up. Shame they don’t just do a taller stand.

NgVkUkL.jpg

Cant help but feel you defeat the point of a sprocket cover when it has more gaps than coverage :D

Man of Honour
It's getting its suspension set up as we speak, the general concensus is "lose some weight fatty" :o

It actually goes round corners now without having to wrestle it, could do with going up a spring rate front and rear but he managed to get it pretty close to what it should be. Feels much nicer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cant help but feel you defeat the point of a sprocket cover when it has more gaps than coverage :D
It’s basically an off road bike for me, it’s a case saver guard so it has a big chunk of metal that protects the engine if the chain was to snap.

The original was flimsy plastic and collected mud/grit and spread it all over the chain so it had to go!

Soldato

Before .

Skid plate fitted and pipes cleaned, didn't go too mad with them but compared to before they look great, got rid of most of the melted plastic bag and grime.

Man of Honour
I rode 7 mountain passes today (well, 3 but I rode them multiple times) in the fantastic 22C sunny weather.

Sorry no photos, I only stopped for fuel.

Man of Honour
I did my first ever piece of bike maintenance today; cleaned and re-lubricated my chain. Simple stuff. Then went for an hours ride. She's not much but she's my first and we never forget our first :) Still need to wash her as she's a dirty girl.

There were so many bikes out today.

X2bOQRX.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally got out for a few miles.. loving it so far !
12ae582edfbf4375a1d78e1b05cadd7a.jpg

76fb8278cbf6ed90db5ce2a0cb7e9745.jpg

Soldato
Cleared the garage, wheeled the bike out - foolishly put my gear on.
Wouldn’t start, battery flat despite being charged last weekend.
Discharged the battery by leaving the lights on. Trickle charged all day on 0.5A
Just tried it and it’s alive!
Wheeled it out, got my gear on and the heavens opened!
Hail stones like golf balls!
Given up on that idea for the weekend.

Tea Drinker
Don
Enduro day on the edge of the ashdown forest. Had a Husqvana FC250 for the day, the other lads had the new Yamaha YZ250s and my son was on his Oset 24 till it ran out of charge about an hour from the end. In hindsight we bought the 1974 TY80 for him to use. Ran like a dream for an hour plus the noise and smell heaven.....

Legs and shoulders now aching a bit to say the least :p:p

A8d5aJI.jpg

3HtyqWb.jpg

Tea Drinker
Don
Looks great! Got to get some off road riding experience soon!

How did he find adjusting from the modern thingy to the classic? I guess it's not quite up to the same level of punishment?

A lot slower :p as in far more to think about, clutch gears throttle etc rather than just a throttle on the Oset. Far more hand, eye and foot coordination. Was wicked though :cool: smoking around.

Had to keep telling him the Oset is a million times better as a bike than the TY, the instructors were also trying to get him to understand that but all he wants to do is braaaaaaaaaappp :cry::cry::cry:

Back
Top Bottom