What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Battery definitely fubarred on my 1150GS.
I thought I had fixed it, had a nice ride out and filled the tank :rolleyes:
Now struggling to start it to use some fuel (batteries under the tank I need to remove it to access the battery).
Just ordered a BMW OptiMate4 (CanBus compatible) in case I buy a new bike at some point.
It has battery recovery functions so hoping these work.

(needed the optimate anyway, I don't want to be in the same situation next year).

Man of Honour
Got her up on the lift and decommissioned her in preparation for trade in this week. Removed the Denali lights and horn to transfer across to the new bike.
7KGFwW8.jpg

83WnEc8.jpg

And the new steed is....
JTOLi2Q.png

Almost the same again but in white! This one is a newer camhead, ex-West Mids ambulance service. Riding up on the 500 mile round trip to collect it Tuesday.

Transmission breaker
Don
What are those lights wired up to? Are they on main beam, or a separate switch?

I removed the grab rail on the new (to me) CBR600F2, and also some excessive rear reflectors, then took her first fill-up in my ownership after her MOT :D

Was checking the rain app to grab an hour between showers. Very happy with her so far!

CBR600F2103.jpg

Man of Honour
What are those lights wired up to? Are they on main beam, or a separate switch?

I removed the grab rail on the new (to me) CBR600F2, and also some excessive rear reflectors, then took her first fill-up in my ownership after her MOT :D

Was checking the rain app to grab an hour between showers. Very happy with her so far!
They are wired into the Denali dual intensity controller. They act as running lights at 50% intensity (still ****ing bright!) and they run at 100% when full beam is activated, triggered through a wire tap into the full beam wire. Proper portable suns on 100%!

Your colour scheme is really growing on me. I see the bit of corrosion on the rear brake lever but the rest of it looks really clean. They really don’t make them like they used to.

Transmission breaker
Don
They are wired into the Denali dual intensity controller. They act as running lights at 50% intensity (still ****ing bright!) and they run at 100% when full beam is activated, triggered through a wire tap into the full beam wire. Proper portable suns on 100%!

Your colour scheme is really growing on me. I see the bit of corrosion on the rear brake lever but the rest of it looks really clean. They really don’t make them like they used to.

They sound pretty cool actually!

What rust??

CBR600F2107.jpg

Yeah, it was bugging me too. There will be a little more info in the next update this evening in the other thread :D

Man of Honour
Stripped all the mods off of the Street Triple RS and put her back to standard - trading in for a 20 reg Speed Triple RS, 500 mils on the clock with one lady owner :D
Did you post this on one of the Facebook groups earlier? Or was their just someone else doing exactly the same today

Man of Honour
The end of my shaft was filthy so I had to give it a good scrub and lube it up.
Si4RZIW.jpg
While I had the backside dropped and rubber off, I took advantage of the situation and changed the final drive oil.

I then removed my flaps as they were getting gummed up and sticky...
b3ZxWVV.jpg

And replaced with a good girth of stainless...
bw0xNa2.jpg

Then I discovered this. 2x new Road 5 required.
S9IdLhI.jpg

Transmission breaker
Don
Was moving the bikes about, so decided to line up the 80's, 90's and 00's Hondas:

CBR600F2172.jpg

CBR600F2173.jpg

CBR600F2174.jpg

CBR600F2175.jpg

It seemed like a good idea, seeing as all were out in the sun whilst I moved the Hornet out to the shed to get its pre-sale spruce up (and a new gearbox!)...

Soldato
Stripped all the mods off of the Street Triple RS and put her back to standard - trading in for a 20 reg Speed Triple RS, 500 mils on the clock with one lady owner :D

Grrrrr. Annoyingly, the dealership don't actually have the bike yet - the customer trading it in, is still waiting for her new bike; I only found that out this morning!

Was hoping for a nice quick turnaround, but now there's a question mark on the whole deal, and so far, I've got no ETA from the dealership.

Still keen on the bike, so just going to have to grin and bear it I guess, still sucks though.

Soldato
Went and sat on the 890R at lunchtime today - bit taller than the Street, but a lovely looking and feeling bike - so I've not put the feelers out to get one of these, considering the Speed I put the deposit on, has no ETA for arriving at the dealership; the present owner is waiting on a new Yammy, which again, has no ETA due to the worldwide issues!!

Might book a test ride, but chances are I'd love it, so could probably buy it without atest ride :D Only issue is where to get it - Blade are £650 more than Fowlers on the list price, and I'm not sure Blade include the KTM Tech Pack, which Fowlers do. So I guess there's a bit more haggle room to be had...

Man of Honour
Went and sat on the 890R at lunchtime today - bit taller than the Street, but a lovely looking and feeling bike - so I've not put the feelers out to get one of these, considering the Speed I put the deposit on, has no ETA for arriving at the dealership; the present owner is waiting on a new Yammy, which again, has no ETA due to the worldwide issues!!

Might book a test ride, but chances are I'd love it, so could probably buy it without atest ride :D Only issue is where to get it - Blade are £650 more than Fowlers on the list price, and I'm not sure Blade include the KTM Tech Pack, which Fowlers do. So I guess there's a bit more haggle room to be had...

Let me know if you have any questions. I've had the 890R pretty much since it launched.

It's more fun that the Street Triple, Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory, and Yamaha MT-10 that I've previously owned, and the only bike that was ever good enough for me to buy new.

Having said that I love the new Speed Triples.

Soldato
Let me know if you have any questions. I've had the 890R pretty much since it launched.

It's more fun that the Street Triple, Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory, and Yamaha MT-10 that I've previously owned, and the only bike that was ever good enough for me to buy new.

Having said that I love the new Speed Triples.

Yeah, I recalled your posts - had a bit of a mooch back through them, as I think the consensus was it was a cracking bike. Hoping to sort a test ride this week/weekend to see if it's a good fit - I like the idea that it might remind me of a Ducati sound-wise, it's also a very well spec'd bike, much like the Street RS I have; though hopefully the WP pogos aren't as hard and crashy as those on my RS!

If I think of anything I will certainly tap you up - been reading on some forums, and there's a few people reporting oil leaks, possibly as the result of over-tight chains. The immobiliser fault also seems to be fairly common - I think this even reared a head up on a 44Teeth review - though a few seem to have sorted it by changing to a lightweight battery.

Back
Top Bottom