What did you do to your bike today?

Man of Honour
Yeah, I recalled your posts - had a bit of a mooch back through them, as I think the consensus was it was a cracking bike. Hoping to sort a test ride this week/weekend to see if it's a good fit - I like the idea that it might remind me of a Ducati sound-wise, it's also a very well spec'd bike, much like the Street RS I have; though hopefully the WP pogos aren't as hard and crashy as those on my RS!

If I think of anything I will certainly tap you up - been reading on some forums, and there's a few people reporting oil leaks, possibly as the result of over-tight chains. The immobiliser fault also seems to be fairly common - I think this even reared a head up on a 44Teeth review - though a few seem to have sorted it by changing to a lightweight battery.

I’ve had the oil leak from the front sprocket. This was fixed with a new seal and all new bikes come with the new seal installed already.

I fitted heavier springs in the front forks as it was too soft for me at 86kg. Other than that and a fruity exhaust I’ve no desire to change anything.

Tea Drinker
Don
The TY250 saga starts :p

Front wheel buckled and tyres shot so took that off and took it for straightening. Refitted new tyre, tube and rim locks. All good.

Went to change the rear tyre and the tyre has bonded itself to the wheel, looks like it’s need dragged out the sea.

msWJzas.jpg

The whole thing is delaminating and very weak no good for trials.

Ordered a new rim and spokes which should be here Thursday. Meanwhile cut the rim off and am going to paint The guns which are nicely magnesium.

eF53qLE.jpg

mtCrAUF.jpg

It is a sexy hub :D

Soldato
How come. You haven't had it too long if I recall, after coming from the cb650r. I've followed your bike journey as we picked up 125s at a similar time.

If i was doing long distances the Tiger would be great but i'm not, i've wanted to try one of these since i got into bikes, it's the total opposite of the Tiger, not even a gear indicator or fuel gauge but i think it would be fun going for not too far rips.

I've stuck it on Autotrader and facebook today, will see if there is any interest.

Soldato
The 690/701 should be a hoot. There are some reliability issues with them but more so with the older versions. They are hooligans bikes though, they’ll be encouraging you to wheelie and ride daft.

I’d also have a look at the 790s/890s (890 is just newer). I have the 790r and it’s an amazing more off road focused bike. I’ve not tried the s but I imagine it’s great for commuting. I used my R for getting to work (8 miles) and I couldn’t fault it.

Man of Honour
Touched up the paint on my swingarm and glued my heated grip back on with normal grip glue. That didn't stick so now I've broken out the 2 part epoxy, if that doesn't work then bye bye heated grips.

ACtC-3eW1T9y2v7EDvBFYE-MrY82dMlW-wsbS_iftFEBTXfb1W0dyc2omPrmly8Rcxf2K9yERkS9Q6czlBI4aOZJ5W_EXlTHsZ1u-hl3rmLFHvs4Hc4JH9HsA9cAPRnAPFu_Z-A-F6Y2d-DMSMgWvX01B1BbTw=s1440-no

ACtC-3fpo3i4y0UxeXDKt5T-EPgRr5TCiEdaJUVLsoYxrDw8DkBaAh8wXpoBfRgVoJgg7Om8EwakOo2-uAilzNIObPgZF8JNfuhBvXR3yrHI6cPGE_N-ZmsKIvRasRUFjqMNjEkWgISqBlVMYv2AmPbVGKixEg=w1440-h1920-no

Turned out pretty well now it's dry.

There was a bigger gouge on the other side which would need a little filler to really tidy it up to get it invisible but the paint does a decent job of not drawing your eye to it anymore

Last edited:
Associate
Took the good lady shopping, then dropped her off and hooked up some nice A/B roads at legal speeds.

The engine in the 1260 is ridiculous on the road, effortless power.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fixed the leaking fuel hose.

Not 100% sure what that does, someone once described it to me as a "fuel balancer" but that short bit of hose that runs between the throttle body.

Anyway apparently 43 PSI runs through that but I replaced it with hose rated to 200psi so that should do it.

IMG-20210609-WA0001.jpg

Associate
Clearly I have afternoon brain. There I was, idly staring at the picture taking nothing in and thinking "which bit does he mean?". Then my one functional brain cell poked up from its caffeine bath and said "the shiny new piece, idiot".

Soldato
Cleaned a lubed the chain after dry 800 miles and done making the carbon fibre part I was trying to do, not a bad 1st attempt.

I've used the original part to do the 1st layer, after that I removed the carbon layer from the part and layered 4 extra layers.

The end piece is about 60% the weight

s0uoFUt.jpg

iSBiD8y.jpg

owbeqMC.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom