1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do i need to travel europe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joemorris86, 22 May 2006.

  1. joemorris86


    Joined: 30 Jan 2005

    Posts: 467

    I know i will need my passport and travel insurance. But are there any other documents or items I will need to bring.
  2. Alasdair

    Wise Guy

    Joined: 16 Apr 2004

    Posts: 1,977

    Location: Edinburgh

    EHIC card (similar to the E111 but a card) - get it from the post office
  3. Charlie Bravo


    Joined: 18 Oct 2002

    Posts: 2,592

    Location: Chelmsford

  4. Pudney


    Joined: 6 Sep 2005

    Posts: 5,730

    Location: Essex

    Money, passport, get you into any EU country nice and easily.

    I'd take clothes as well though ;)
  5. Raymond Lin

    Capo Crimine

    Joined: 20 Oct 2002

    Posts: 66,699

    Location: Wish i was in .Lethal's house

    1 credit card for emergency, a prepaid phone card would be good too.
  6. joemorris86


    Joined: 30 Jan 2005

    Posts: 467

    I only have a solo card? Does anyone know if I can use that in europe. I think i can cause it says its also a cirrus and mastro card.
  7. Alasdair

    Wise Guy

    Joined: 16 Apr 2004

    Posts: 1,977

    Location: Edinburgh

    Emergency money kept completely separate from your other cash (like 100 euro under the inner sole of a pair of shoes).
  8. Admiral Huddy


    Joined: 17 Feb 2003

    Posts: 29,549

    Location: Chelmsford & Broadgate

    I had never heard of this until today??

    I'm off to Germany tomorrow :(
  9. MookJong


    Joined: 20 Mar 2006

    Posts: 7,942

    A red and white pokodot scalf tied to the end of a stick.....all traveller have one of those :p

    Seriously though, just got one of those cards, than only came in January this year. Applied online and it came in 2 days :D

    My debit card was no good in Europe (Maestro card) checked this out online. So I have just applied for a credit card through my bank.
    Last edited: 25 May 2006
  10. Spacky


    Joined: 4 Jul 2005

    Posts: 5,815

    Location: Cardiff, UK

    I don't recall seeing Solo in Finland or Estonia (I don't get out much!).
  11. Youstolemyname


    Joined: 7 Mar 2005

    Posts: 5,230

    Location: The Voice Of Football

    An airoplane, train or car.
  12. Ricochet J


    Joined: 29 Jun 2004

    Posts: 12,892

    You need mustard. Lots of it.

    Seriously though you need to watch it as the World Cup draws nearer you'll get hooligans around Europe, well, acting like hooligans.
    That's why you should carry mustard.
  13. loopylou

    Wise Guy

    Joined: 11 Aug 2005

    Posts: 1,337

    Location: Essex

    If you have travel insurance you shouldn't need it, as it only garantees medical treatment. If you have insurance that garantees you treatment too.
  14. [TW]Fox

    Man of Honour

    Joined: 17 Oct 2002

    Posts: 156,654

    A car.
    Some insurance.
    Credit card.

    = win.