what do you take for lunch at work?

Caporegime
Sunday night = roast a chicken and a shed load of wild rice / couscous and broccoli, then make a tomato salsa.

I then divide the above into five tupperware containers and freeze for the working week, ready to be microwaved for lunch.

Snacks comprise apples.

Soldato
Ready meals usually with an apple and maybe crisps.

Some people spend their entire lunch cooking and setting out meals which I think is a bit nuts for work.

Caporegime
I take my wallet.

Lunch can end up being anything from two hours at the pub, a quick snack from a supermarket, a meal from a "posh" country pub, junk-food, or whatever takes our fancy that day.

Soldato
I take eat the following:

Main lunch = Salad consisting of: Big lump of chicken, chick peas, olive oil, yogurt, and a ton of veg, usually along the lines of cucumber, pepper tomato, carrots, mushrooms, onions, etc

Snacks:
Apple
Banana
Big pile of brazil nuts
Big pile of raisins
Protein shake consisting of; whey, oats, cinamon and milk

And I still get hungry during the day :(

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

Main lunch = Salad consisting of: Big lump of chicken, chick peas, olive oil, yogurt, and a ton of veg, usually along the lines of cucumber, pepper tomato, carrots, mushrooms, onions, etc

Snacks:
Apple
Banana
Big pile of brazil nuts
Big pile of raisins

That's because you need to eat more :)

Soldato
That's because you need to eat more :)
I know, I'm trying to eat more but I'll end up bringing in half a kitchen on my bike in the morning!

I've changed gyms and am now going to the gym in the morning rather than evening and I havn't really changed my eating pattern too much which doesn't help. I'll work something out soon and get settled back into a routine.

Soldato
We get a cooked meal at work mon,wed,friday, and its either a soup and food or food and desert.

For tuesdays I get a subway sub of the day :) and on thursdays I get a boots meal deal.

And I try and have apple banana and some raisins everyday too.

Soldato
I generally go to a tesco metro and spend around £2.50 on a sandwich or pack of turkey/chicken for £1.50 and a couple of rolls. However now I have got bored of bread after having rolls everyday for 2 weeks. I used to get a packet of salad to go with chicken and bransons chilli and japapeno relish

Today I had riveta crackers and some type of goats cheese that was reduced to £1. Suprisingly it was really nice and filling too. Only £1.40 and will last me 2 days and still got loads of crackers.

I always get fruit - apple usually

Work always has loads of border biscuits and mini twix, buttons, haribo etc for free. That is my pitfall!

Friday I will go out for a meal somewhere in town

Soldato
ah i should have taken a picture, i just made a sandwhich here.

White bread roll
two slices of thick cheese
ham
turkey
chicken tikka pieces
lettuce
mayonaise

beats the canteen :)

oh and mango juice to wash it down with

Soldato
I usually go out for lunch so don't bring anything with me, but on the odd occasion I do bring something in, it is usually some tuna with mayo
Thinking of taking stovies in with me on Monday though :)

Caporegime

Snacks:
Apple
Banana
Big pile of brazil nuts
Big pile of raisins

Thats a fruit isn't it, not veg :p

Back
Top Bottom