what do you take for lunch at work?

Caporegime
None from home, walk from the office to the local supermarket, then buy the food which take my fancy that day :)

Usually endup with a butty (chicken or ham etc) a bag of crisps and some sweets, very much depends on my mood sometimes i walk out with pies or fresh cooked chicken, or buy brean and DIY something.

Today was the exception i walked into the village with a friend and got a Gregs :p

Last edited:
Getting rid of the belly over the next few months so it's lightened up considerably.

Muesli for brekky

3 x Ryveta
Small pot of extra light Philly
Cherry toms
3 bananas
2 apples

Next day is:

Muesli again for breakfast.

Tuna salad (tuna, lettuce, toms, cucumber, red peppers, black olives, boiled egg)
3 bananas
2 apples.

I'm rewarding myself with a steak when I get to NYC next month, and onion rings.

Good news is the belly has decreased massively over the last 3-4 weeks, which is good because I don't think I can carry on with this much longer!

Associate
I'm rewarding myself with a steak when I get to NYC next month, and onion rings.

Good news is the belly has decreased massively over the last 3-4 weeks, which is good because I don't think I can carry on with this much longer!

What's the point then if you can't keep it up - you need to find a healthy medium and stick to that. Pasta + chicken i find is good.

Soldato
I dont really know why everyone trys dieting to lose weight or complains about getting fat

This is mostly true...

Eat as you normally do & no exercise = stay the same
Eat as you normally do & exercise = lose weight
Eat more & no exercise = get fat
Eat more & exercise = stay the same/bulk up
Eat less & no exercise = lose weight
Eat less & exercise = lose weight fast

Soldato
I dont really know why everyone trys dieting to lose weight or complains about getting fat

This is mostly true...

Eat as you normally do & no exercise = stay the same
Eat as you normally do & exercise = lose weight
Eat more & no exercise = get fat
Eat more & exercise = stay the same/bulk up
Eat less & no exercise = lose weight
Eat less & exercise = lose weight fast

Hmmmm if only it was this easy for some. Not all can follow these guidelines and have what you wrote happen. some folks just put weight on, and some just lose it no matter how much or how little they eat...

Reason some of them have to find a balance. what you've wrote isn't too far off for most, but doesn't fit all.

Anyhow..

I tend to take in Tuna Salad or Chicken Salad, Chicken and bacon sandwiches, bag of crisps, fruit, some low fat cheese spread and wholewheat crackers does down nicely.

Erm, yoghurts are nice.... I dunno, I tend to make a packed lunch the night before and put it in my fridge for next day. Tuna Salads are my fav. As well as ham and cheese or chicken and bacon sandwiches or rolls in wholewheat bread..

Soldato
Apple for the morning, some grapes and cheese and pickle sandwich for lunch and sometimes snack on those 'Nakd' bars.

Soldato
Sometimes I make my own sandwich or buy ready meal in local supermarket for about £2. Sometimes pod noodle and sometimes I just go out to local restaurant and get nice lunch for £5-£6.

Soldato
10:30= tin of Tuna/Mackrel fillets
12:30: 2 Eggs/Cottage Cheese (120g)
4:30: Wholemeal Pasta with tomato pasta sauce/wholemeal slice of toast with snap pot of beans.

Soldato
How does everyone get away with eating tuna/mackrel and anything that generally stinks at work? Do you all have proper canteens? I hate sitting in our kitchen and always eat at my desk after going for a walk in town

Someone cooked some sort of fish pie in the microwave once and it stunk out the whole office for the rest of the day. Dont get me wrong, I like fish and all seafood but warm fish pie in an office smelt rancid

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom