what do you take for lunch at work?

Associate
normally make soup for the week with a loaf of hovis seeded batch(amazing bread imo :D)

Gets a bit boring towards the end of the week but its dirt cheap say £4-5 for the week

Caporegime
I get it from EAT or Pret these days. Cost me £4 a day and over the course of the year is a bloody fortune. I know. But i just don't have time to prepare fresh salads, especially I have pretty much given up bread, it means no sandwiches so what the hell do i eat if i am making it at home. Oh, and no pasta either.

So, on one hand, i am probably a about a thousand pound down in the last 12 months spent on lunch, but i am also almost 3 stone lighter as a result....money well spent i say !

Soldato
a sandwich consisting of two slices of chicken and a dab of mayo and ketchup, with a banana. is this bad for me? :p usually have this everyday, but on saturdays i usually have a cheese savoury baguette from the local rollbar.

Associate
Forced to eat at the work canteen (there is no places nearby :().
As they do a lot of the food by the weight it ends up coming to about 10 bucks just for a salad and some pizza

Caporegime
How does everyone get away with eating tuna/mackrel and anything that generally stinks at work? Do you all have proper canteens? I hate sitting in our kitchen and always eat at my desk after going for a walk in town

Someone cooked some sort of fish pie in the microwave once and it stunk out the whole office for the rest of the day. Dont get me wrong, I like fish and all seafood but warm fish pie in an office smelt rancid

I only eat cold fish at work so the stink is generally minimised. Tuna doesn't stink too much, microwaved mackarel can really kick out a pong!

Man of Honour
I preprepare some food at home and also buy some food from our local cafe/deli.

Typically it's something like this:

wholemeal pitta with all sorts of different fillings, chicken, ham, tuna, eggs etc... with lots of green salad/spinach leaves etc...

Sometimes a power salad: rocket, spinach, roasted pine nuts, lardons, eggs, avocado, beetroot, olive oil. Sometimes I use tuna instead of some of the ingredients.

100-150g of unroasted & unsalted nut and raisins or oatcakes with cottage cheese

Large jacket potato, or pasta bake, with tuna, chicken or ham, beans etc...

Another wholemeal pitta with the aforementioned filling

The deli/cafe is great as they know I prefer less carbs in my servings and tend to be generous with fillings! :D

It's not a lot for lunch (only around 2-2.5k cals), but I have a large breakfast too, and a not excessively large but healthy 0 carb dinner (apart from veg which clearly has some carb value!) - end up being close to or around 3.5-4k cals a day.

Then the weekend I go mad! :D

Soldato
Today (usually once a week) I am going to Chinese restaurant. Starter, main and a drink for £5 lunch special :) It's actually one of the best Chinese I've been to.

Back
Top Bottom