What do you use as a mouse pad?

Associate
One of the OCUK XL surfaces here - I use my keyboard on top of it, so effectively it adds as a comfortable surface for my wrists, dampens the keyboard noise a little and also acts as a mouse pad. Much better than the Perixx surface that I had before :)

Soldato
Corsair MM800 hard surface, sado in my does not really use RGB, but really (and sadly) wanted to get Keyboard and mouse matching. Use hard as I have used it for a while and In Win's Batmat which was also hard surface before that. Nice and easy to clean and track's well enough.

Associate
I use one of the OcUK 3XL mats - covers the whole desk perfectly, even with my keyboard on there's still plenty of room the mouse, and I use a very low sens.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £35.01 (includes shipping: £6.02)

I use the OCUK MEGA MAT XXL PREMIUM ELITE TACTICAL GAMING SURFACE, as other have said even with my keyboard on there's still plenty of room the mouse.

Total: £24.97 (includes shipping: £6.02)

The difference between this and the other is this lacks the stitched edge, how does that feel when you hand is resting on the edge of the mat?

Associate
I use the OCUK MEGA MAT XXL PREMIUM ELITE TACTICAL GAMING SURFACE, as other have said even with my keyboard on there's still plenty of room the mouse.

Total: £24.97 (includes shipping: £6.02)

The difference between this and the other is this lacks the stitched edge, how does that feel when you hand is resting on the edge of the mat?
To be honest, I've never had to worry about that - with all my mats I usually let a little hang over the front of the desk which my wrist rests on, always found it much more comfortable that way.

Associate
OP
Probably didnt help I had a really old cheap mouse at the time, but a paper mouse pad saved that mouse. Is there any tangible improvement for hard mouse pads over or is it all personal preference?

Associate
I use a cheap foam 99p mouse mat and an 'ergonomic' bean bag wrist wrest. The only problems are that the mouse mat is a bit small and the wrist rest drops off the desk when gaming gets a bit energetic.

I do like the 'Allsopp raindrop' mouse mats for some reason, as they seem a decent size and texture. But the cheap one I've got at the mo seems fine.

My problem with the bigger desk mats is that I've got a HOTAS joystick stuck to the desk with blu-tak on either side of the keyboard. The desk mat would stymie that.

Soldato
An extra large IceMat from about 10+ years ago... Large sheet of frosted and toughened glass. :)
Best mouse surface ever. Added teflon feet to the mouse (Corsair M65 - So quite heavy) and it all just glides around. Suits me :)

Associate
I use
Corsair mm800C RGB Polaris Cloth Surface Mousepad
very nice and simple to setup, easy to link up with other corsair peripherals AND has a usb port in the back to plug your mouse into, but I personally use it for my headphones.

Associate
OP
I use
Corsair mm800C RGB Polaris Cloth Surface Mousepad
very nice and simple to setup, easy to link up with other corsair peripherals AND has a usb port in the back to plug your mouse into, but I personally use it for my headphones.
You can get a usb pass though on a mousepad, thats awesome why didnt i think of looking for something like that

Back
Top Bottom