What does your window cleaner do?

Associate
Hi all,

I'm after a little comparison of window cleaners we all have.

I'm rather unhappy with my current window cleaner, who for the last couple of years seems to be doing less and less.

1) He used to do the whole house every fortnight (3 front windows, porch, 1 side window and 4 rear) for £3.60 was quite good value. Then I noticed he stopped doing the upstairs side window and porch. He claimed the porch was not part of the deal but he would make sure the side window was done.

2) He then said he could not do the rear windows because of access problems. He dropped the charge to £2.60 to just do the front.

He's been coming to us for years but in the last couple of times, I've noticed they are not being cleaned well and the frames not cleaned at all.

The frames have bird mess and cobwebs from weeks ago. I had'nt cleaned it because I wanted to confront him. I have tonight when he came for his money.

When questioned, he said they dont clean frames as "it would take too long".

He also said the cobwebs may be there becuase he uses a squeegee and will have cleaned behind them (to avoid the cobwebs would have taken longer that wiping them off imo).

He said he would have a word with the lad doing them but frames are definately not included.

So I'm hoping to pick the brains of OCer's here with the following questions:

1) How much does your window cleaner charge?

2) How often does he visit?

3) Does he clean the frames too?

As he only does the front of the house anyway, I'm considering giving him the heave-ho. I know it's only £2.60 a fortnight, but I hate being ripped off by lazy tradesmen.

Soldato
£2.60? Perhaps if you paid him to do a proper job, he'd actually do one.

We have a window cleaner who comes around and cleans all 10 windows on the house plus the front door and patio doors. Charges £13, comes around every 6 weeks, phones you the day before to let you know he'll be doing the work, does an excellent job and does the gutters too once a year for just a few quid more.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Wow £3.60 is cheap. £10-15 for a decent window cleaner to do a proper job on an average sized house. I'd expect all windows, fascia and doors cleaned to a good standard.

Associate
We pay £3 every 3 weeks for 7windows. They are old double glazing units so the frame was already stained before he started cleaning them so I don't actually know if he gives them a wipe down or now.

Associate
£7 for all the windows of our 3-bedroom place. Seems pretty steep compared to some of you guys!

My grandparents got their window cleaner to get all the **** out the gutters along the front and back of their house and he charged 'em £40! :o

Associate
OP
For £2.60 you expect a lot, hehe! :p

Well, if i'm paying a window cleaner the price he is charging (£2.60) in exchange for cleaning the windows, I would expect the windows to be clean :)

He charges everyone on the street the same, and the amount is not really that important but he is the only one that covers the area.

If you buy a can of "value" baked beans, they may be cheap, but you still expenct the can to contain baked beans ;)

Caporegime
#1 £2 per window

#2 come randomly between 2-6 weeks probably depending on if they have beer money.

#3 PVC is not cleaned its an extra service

#4 corners of windows often not cleaned all window cleaners rush because they know people will pay they have no choice its not like they are competing with anyone else. ive never known 2 different window cleaners to have the same area.

one time they didnt come around for almost 2 months and then on christmas day they turned up obviously thinking big tips..... yea GTFO

havent seen a window cleaner around here for nearly a year

Back
Top Bottom