What don't you like about current generation consoles/games?

Soldato
-The fact that a decent MMO for consoles still hasn't been released, despite it being entirely possible. This would change consoles forever.

-Lack of AA in most games. It ruins the immersion completely.

-Most games aren't even run at 720p, let alone 1080p.

Caporegime
The lack of big nintendo franchise games. Although not quantity their previous consoles managed to have some gems that were true masterpieces. This generation they have done a full revesal just throwing out shovelware. Where is Pikmin, where is F-Zero etc etc.

Soldato
DLC

Honestly its recked COD WAW for me. If the maps I dont have come up I have to leave and try and rejoin...which seems to take a few tries with me and my mate. its no biggy but I dont get long to play games these days. Anyway I traded COD WAW and bought COD 4 GOTY :D

Soldato
DLC

Honestly its recked COD WAW for me. If the maps I dont have come up I have to leave and try and rejoin...which seems to take a few tries with me and my mate. its no biggy but I dont get long to play games these days. Anyway I traded COD WAW and bought COD 4 GOTY :D

Surely the maps you don't own don't come up? On COD4 before I had the map pack none of the DLC came up for me - they only appeared in the map cycle once I had bought them.

Rich

Soldato
Surely the maps you don't own don't come up? On COD4 before I had the map pack none of the DLC came up for me - they only appeared in the map cycle once I had bought them.

Rich

No they come up :( and I have a big red warning during match making that i dont have the map pack.

Trouble is when they do come up and you get a chance to veto everyone does..but if a map you have is veto'd its sods law that you get stuck with a map pack map.

Feels like the games been really split up.

Soldato
Agree with 'brown generation' comment.

seems like all games the last 2 years ago have the same colour tone .. starting to get old :(

Also too much gfx over good gameplay (Assassins creed anyone?)

When will developers learn that gameplay is king, best game of 2009 so far was the DS version of GTA without a doubt.

Ogs

Ogs

Associate
Some things i currently hate about the way things are going -

Game series' having their genres completely changed to appeal to the masses.

Developers/Publishers completely abusing what can be done with DLC.

General lack of creativity.

Tomb Raider Anniversary shown you can still make adventure games, so why did the new 1 stick to linearity ?

Gears of War, absolutely fantastic game, but does every freakin game need to blatently rip it off now ? I want some variety.......

Marketing, its gotten ridiculous. Developers rarely speak what they want, its a real breathe of fresh air when they do (Carmack for example, speaks his mind, not his marketing team).

Gaming highlights -

Dead Rising - Such a fresh game to play, the real time aspect, the ammount of enemies on screen and just how the game plays out. A real gem.

Dead Space - Proves you can create atmospheric survival horror games still with appeal.

Left 4 Dead - The game me and my mates have been waiting for :).

Soldato
I don't like the lack of traditional first party Nintendo games. The party stuff is good, but other than Galaxy Nintendo haven't given us anything single player. I want a proper Wii Zelda. Pilot Wings. F-Zero ...

Highlights have all been surpises for me this gen. Lost Winds, Braid, World of Goo, Rez HD. In an industry full of developers playing it safe by releasing tired and brown cliche after cliche, anything that shows some originiality and creativity stands out a mile.

Associate
For me this Generation has done so much right, I'm probably in a slightly different camp to most. I've always remember there being a plethora of magazines/media who give untrustworthy scores - I don't think that's a change for this generation of hardware. Also I've enjoyed DLC, when it's been done correctly. Also the great fact PSN/XBLA (and Steam) have allowed smaller developers a platform to get games to market easier.

The one major downside for me is as mentioned is the fact as the consoles have got more complex the hardware failure rates have shot up. I've experienced a RROD 360, and I expect it won't be the last failure of this gen.

Back
Top Bottom