What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Changeling - Set in the 1920's, a single mum's kid goes missing and a few months later the police find a child matching the description saying that he is the missing boy. Story goes through the mother's effort to prove it is not her son. It was quiet a hard watch, you just found yourself going 'how could they...'. Overall a good film, well made by Clint. Based on a true story. 4/5

Caporegime
world war z

loved it! Fast zombies are so much better! Would love to see a sequel to this. The zombies were pretty much the clickers from the game, the last of us.

8/10

Soldato
Zodiac - 7/10.

Rewatched this last night, and it's much more enjoyable than the first time round a few years back.

The scene by the lake is pretty nasty though :(

Caporegime
Riddick - 7/10

Was not expecting to like this, given how cringe-worthy I found the second instalment.

But actually I enjoyed this and, having also enjoyed Pitch Black, was happy to see they'd almost returned to the premise of the first film.

It's not going to win any Oscars, but it's entertaining and certainly not as bad as the critics would have you believe. Sci-Fi fans (or Vin Diesel fans) will appreciate it a whole lot more.

Man of Honour
Riddick @ Cineworld Screen 2 (Odeon).
Initial skimming of reviews resulted in average expectations from us all but the cinema was completely full (well, apart from the front row seats) and going by reactions in the theatre at the time people enjoyed it too.

It had good special effects (the hover bike riding scenes weren't that brilliant though) and the jokes and characters were funny/interesting enough to keep on watching. The first half of the film is just Riddick doing \stuff\ but it was all mildly interesting.

The gore and action was all there.

The Radio 1 girl who reviewed it said it was filled with lesbian jokes aimed at Katee who plays Dahl but I couldn't see what she was going on about? There were a couple of words being thrown around by key characters but she dished out some ass kicking soon after.

The Grandmaster
The story of Ip Man, this time the fighting is brutally fast compared to previous Donnie Yen's versions. Cinematography is superb and is used beautifully well during fight scenes. The sound effects are top shelf as well.

Trailer:

Last edited:
Associate
The Kings of Summer - 8/10

Good fun, with a few laughs. Oh and girls always have to ruin it!

World War Z - 7/10

Not bad, jumped around a bit and dragged in the middle. Felt like Left 4 Dead at points with the noises and way the zombies moved - "Hunters got Gerry!".
Spotted Lulworth Cove as well!

Soldato
Star Trek into Darkness

5/10 - Nice effects and all but the film was very average. Story was pretty rubbish, there's no build up of the friendship between Kirk and Spock so the ending felt all wrong. Lots of other little things too.

Wrath of Khan ****’s on it from a great height.

Soldato
Star trek into darkness 7/10

I enjoyed this but maybe the story was not as good as I expected.

Olympus has fallen 6/10

Great action at the beginning but fell a bit flat afterwards , good film to waste away a few hours if your bored though.

Soldato
Star Trek into Darkness

5/10 - Nice effects and all but the film was very average. Story was pretty rubbish, there's no build up of the friendship between Kirk and Spock so the ending felt all wrong. Lots of other little things too.

Wrath of Khan ****’s on it from a great height.

just posted about this , yeah the story could have been better , It felt like the film wasn't really going anywhere throughout.

Associate
'Hugo' which took me a while to get into, as it seemed strangely static to begin with, and the repetitive music grated, but after the first hour I really warmed to it, and by the end loved it. Watched with the family, as it was mainly for my eight year old son, and he really liked it too, as did everyone else.

The 3D is superbly done, and is maybe the best example of it so far, genuinely adding to the film.

8/10.

Back
Top Bottom