What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Now You See Me

9/10

Given the cast I wasn't sure how I'd feel about this, I had high hopes though....

Eisenberg, Ruffalo, Harrelson, Laurent, Fisher, Franco (Dave), Caine, Freeman

From the first five minutes I was enthralled, and intrigued.

Watch it.

Good conclusion, not great, but good enough

kd

Last edited:
Soldato
Olympus Has Fallen - 7/10
All out action, blowing stuff up film. Great for a Sunday afternoon. Enjoyed it.

Thor - The Dark World- 7.5/10
Like the first one, this is slightly better. I am a superhero fan so its right up my street.

Captain Phillips - 9/10
Loved it. Great film. Keeps you on edge, knowing its based on a true story. Tom Hanks is superb.

Last edited:
Associate
Rush
Superb movie about James Hunt and Niki Lauda's rivalry in the 70s. Ron Howard delivers with a beautiful take on the life, times and world of that era. I would completely recommend this - 8/10

Soldato
Blackfish - Documentary about Seaworld orcas, in particular Tilikum: a whale who has killed 3 trainers so far and remains in captivity. Very good. Stops short of sensationalist, gratuitous accounts of trainer deaths and focuses more on the perceived relationships the trainers have with the animals.

7 / 10

Soldato
Captain Phillips 8/10 - nice change from watching all the blockbuster garbage that we get, it was definitely worth watching although you will enjoy it watching it home on tv as well.

Soldato
Godfather Part II

I swear these films are just a test of endurance. They're so dull. The odd good bit in them but other than that they're are just boring.

3/10

Gangsta films are my favorite kind of film but i have to agree with the Godfather series, i found my self looking at my watch more than the film.

Boring.

Soldato
We're the Millers - 3/10

Found myself cringing at how bad most of the film was - only held up by a few funny parts. Surprised by all the good reviews, as the majority of this film was painful to watch. Terrible.

Oblivion - 6/10

Possibly being slightly generous, just simply because it wasn't as bad as the previous film. Some impressive scenes, visually, but the plot was particularly predictable and none of the 'twists' came as any surprise. Decent enough to watch, but lacking enough that it's hard to give it a higher rating.

Soldato
Zombieland - 4/10

The narrative was probably the best part of this film. I must admit that the spoof/budget-horror/comedy combo is not really my thing, but even so it's hard to find too many positive things to say about it.

Back
Top Bottom