What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
The Secret Life of Pets - Surprisingly average for such a promising premise. Looked great, a couple of smirks, but dull leads and dull villains. As a side note, they including Bounce by System of a Down... slightly odd choice but no verse lyrics I suppose :p

4.5/10

That said, I’m quite enjoying watching family films recently. You know what your going to get and they’re refreshingly short.

Soldato
Sherlock Holmes - the Robert Downey Jr/Guy Ritchie one. It was good and fun to see a correct period Sherlock after the two current TV portrayals. Having said that I can't remember the last film that was so intent on setting up a sequel before. 3/5

Commissario
Monsters Inc 8/10

I saw it years ago but just got the Blu-ray (I picked up the steelbook/lenticular version of it along with Finding Nemo at £18 for the pair last week), loved it :)
It's silly fun, but thoroughly enjoyable even to someone my age.

I'm probably going to watch Finding Nemo tonight (although Your Name has been sat on the shelf a week).

Caporegime
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.

This was a hot mess. Not as bad as Jupiter Rising, yet still very forgettable.

Rihanna delivers her lines with all the pathos and nuance of a concrete slab. I don't know who decided to waste money on her, but they should have been sacked.

Visuals are stunning, and in all fairness Dane DeHaan deserves full credit for giving it the old college try. The character of Valerian was so vapid and generic, he resorted to playing the exact same guy he played in A Cure for Wellness in a desperate attempt to make it interesting.

That's the most I can say for this movie. I can't even be bothered to give it a rating.

Caporegime
The Secret Life of Pets - Surprisingly average for such a promising premise. Looked great, a couple of smirks, but dull leads and dull villains. As a side note, they including Bounce by System of a Down... slightly odd choice but no verse lyrics I suppose :p

4.5/10

The premise seemed promising from the trailer, but the movie itself was just a carbon copy of Toy Story.

Soldato
The Founder 6/10

Good score for the real story, to be honest. The film itself was decidedly average. I haven't eaten in a McDonalds for years and this made me want to avoid it even more! Can't believe this story isn't more well known. It's quite shocking what Ray Kroc did to those guys. Very sad.

Associate
I watched The Edge of Seventeen. Great movie! Well done and well acted by everyone. I loved Woody Harrelson's role. Hailee Steinfeld was also amazing in True Grit.

Really agree with you...went in thinking it was just going to be another teen girl type movie and it was fun and well acted. Harrelson is really watchable as a dry, quippy cynic with a heart of gold.

Back
Top Bottom