What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Ah beetlejuice was good fun :) Back when Tim Burton made good films. It is a little camp and cheesy, but that's part of its charm.

Michael Keaton is great in this role.

I really hope they don't do some horrible cash grab reboot :( A female beetlejuice anyone? JJ Abrams directing?

JJ Abrams? LOL. Hopefully he will have his hands full with the Return of the Jedi remake. :p

There has been talk of a sequel with Burton, Keaton and Ryder returning. Whether it actually materialises, remains to be seen.

Soldato
JJ Abrams? LOL. Hopefully he will have his hands full with the Return of the Jedi remake. :p

There has been talk of a sequel with Burton, Keaton and Ryder returning. Whether it actually materialises, remains to be seen.

A worst case scenario :p I really hated what he did with star wars. The star trek reboot was ok I guess. He seems to be king of the reboot now :(

I know there has been talk of a sequel, but some films should just be left alone.

Would be nice to see a few more original movies rather than the swathes of superhero / sequels.

Soldato
Jupiter Ascending:

Going to give this two ratings.

8/10 for Visuals. Some amazing scenes. The ships cutting through the rings of Saturn, going down into the Storm in Jupiter.
2/10 For Story. Chaotic Fight scenes, Mixed up narrative, Over acting by some, no acting by others. And so many things that did not fit. It was just a mess!!

If you have a good large screen TV and a good sound system this might be worth a watch for you. It's definitely style over substance.

Associate
Rise of the Footsoldier 3 The Pat Tate Story - 8/10

Not for everyone and not as good as the first, but if you liked the first this is a must. I've not seen the second for some reason ??

Caporegime
Watch the original Infernal Affairs trilogy, much better than Scorsese remake
I've watched the first one and it was excellent. I remember there being one scene, possibly the one where the mob are trying to track down Leo at his meeting with Martin Sheen at the abandoned building, which just worked so much better in Infernal Affairs.

I'll watch the other two at some point.

Soldato
Jupiter Ascending:

Going to give this two ratings.

8/10 for Visuals. Some amazing scenes. The ships cutting through the rings of Saturn, going down into the Storm in Jupiter.
2/10 For Story. Chaotic Fight scenes, Mixed up narrative, Over acting by some, no acting by others. And so many things that did not fit. It was just a mess!!

If you have a good large screen TV and a good sound system this might be worth a watch for you. It's definitely style over substance.

Pretty much my take too.

It's a nice looking film.

Rest of it is a train wreck though. It actually makes Valerian seem semi decent :p

Soldato
I'd try to keep it that way :p 2 hours 17 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Another film in a similar vein I had high hopes for but was completely awful was John Carter. I'd avoid that like the plague too.

Too late, :D, I have already watched John Carter. I thought it was much better than Jupiter Ascending.

Jupiter Ascending was convoluted garbage, but I found John Carter to be fine.

Now Valerian and the city of a Thousand Planets is firmly in the Jupiter Ascending camp.

What a pile of absolute ****. I mean aside from everything else the two love interests look like brother and sister!

2/10

Soldato
Captain Underpants - 6/10

TBH I just didn't get it. Movie couldn't decide whether it was South Park or Beavis & Butthead (minus the crudity) or something more moderate. The idea of making the classroom pranksters the protagonists at the expense of their socially challenged headmaster also seemed a bit distasteful.

Soldato
The Raid 2 8/10

Was on channel 4. I've not seen the first movie only this sequel. Great fun with completely over the top violence. A little hard to follow who was who and what was going on at times, but reading the plot afterwards has clarified everything.
The final boss fight was epic, predictable and very entertaining, but got a bit silly as it went on too long.

Back
Top Bottom