What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - 2/10

Possibly one of the worst films I’ve seen for a long, long time. Tarantino at his absolute worst. All stylistic guff and nothing of any substance. Dire. Was clock watching 20 minutes in

Soldato
Guns Akimbo - 5/10 - Surprisingly Daniel Radcliffe is the absolute best thing in this very patchy film by a country mile. The story is laughable, the script is OK-ish with some good humour and almost all the characters (other than Radcliffe) seem to be made for a Harley Quinn movie with a truly poor villain, but a special mention has to made for the Harley Quinn-lite character of Nix. She's played well by Samara Weaving but the character is such a 100% blatant rip-off of HQ in look, tone, humour, even snorting drugs before a fight etc that she's not that fun to watch and her story arc is just dire.

Other than the CGI being poor through-out and the script taking huge liberties with physics, common sense and "suddenly a deadly assassin who can kill dozens in a heartbeat now can't hit a main character 6ft from her" plot decisions etc the film is "loud and in yer face" enough that it passed the time watching decently, mainly due to Radcliffe being far better than I expected and the cartoon levels of violence.

Associate
Extraction: one of my favourite movies in 2020. An honest-to-god over the top action movie with a solid plot, good writing, BRUTAL action and fight choreography and a crazy fight scene at 55mins that you could only get away with in India. In fact, being set in India really made this film stand out for me. I didn't even notice any CGI and lord knows how much all of that live action craziness cost them. I enjoyed it thoroughly and will definitely watch it again after an appropriate wait. :D

8/10.

I had to double check that 55 mins fight scene and agree with you. It was quite unexpected but at the same time very suited to where the film is located. I thought the movie was much much better than I expected it to be.

Soldato
Dangerous Liaisons 7/10.

Other half likes a period drama, and I hadn't seen this in a while.

I had it down as an 8/10 from memory, but it's aged. Stil very good, Malkovich and Close are intense, but I'd forgotten how dark it is, rape scenes and the general cruelty and cynicism of it, feels a bit of it's time now.

Soldato
Underwater 6/10

Have to be honest, I didn't dislike this film. Half decent creature feature.

Could have done with a little more foreplay so I cared about the characters more. Don't rate Twilight girl that much but wasn't too bad overall.
I just thought the creature made no sense at all. The creature in the original alien films had a credible life cycle and made sense. This was just silly. And I really dislike Kristin Stewart and her constant open mouth gorp, she's a very poor actress.

That said, I've seen worse films. It was ok.

I have to be honest, maybe this caught me in the right mood but i thought this was fantastic! I loved that there was no foreplay and we learned about the characters on the way. I loved the sound mix where noises were coming from everywhere. Monsters rarely make sense in these kinds of movies and come on, it was great that it was basically
Cthulhu
one of my favorite monster movies of all time is Deep Rising and that monster made zero sense. Oh and i adored the suit design, undoubtedly inspired by Mœbius.

Soild 7/10 for me.

Soldato
Black Panther re watch, perhaps the weakest Marvel movie of the lot. 3/10
Ah come on...it's not worse than Iron Man 3.

It's like the 3rd worst for me. Captain Virtue is the worst (4/10) Iron Man 2 is the second-worst due to the very...very saggy middle. And Black Panther is at 3rd worst because is at least consistent. Iron Man 3 is 4th but I've grown to like it over the years and there's a lot in there to like.

Commissario
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - 2/10

Possibly one of the worst films I’ve seen for a long, long time. Tarantino at his absolute worst. All stylistic guff and nothing of any substance. Dire. Was clock watching 20 minutes in
Oh man had this on the watchlist for a while and not got round to watching it still, thought it was going to be good.
Is it really that bad? :(

Man of Honour
Oh man had this on the watchlist for a while and not got round to watching it still, thought it was going to be good.

Well, I thought it was. There was just too much nonsense that contributed nothing to the story, typical Tarantino just trying to be overly artistic. The film could have and should have been well under 2 hours.

Soldato

I don't think it's that bad. Decent enough watch. Not one of Tarantino's best though.

It's better if you know a bit about what actually happened with Manson.

Soldato
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was a film of 2 halves for me. I hated the first half but from Pitt’s character arriving at the ranch, best part of the whole film by a mile, I started to enjoy it.

Ive not been impressed with Tarantino’s output for ages. His films up to, and including, Kill Bill v2 are great films for me but after that, meh.

Soldato
The Greatest Showman - 8/10

A bit late to the party with this one, it was a film I actually ended up avoiding due to all the hype oddly enough. However I quite enjoyed it, some nice fun and easy watching.

Back
Top Bottom