What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
I had a look, where does he get them time to make all those **** movies :D

He only agrees to appear if he can shoot all of his scenes in one day.

He got booted out of Expendables 3 because he wanted $4 million for four days work instead of the $3 million on offer. Sly called him out on Twitter for being greedy and lazy.

Soldato
Last night i watched Nobody. I thought it was good fun. Sorta an everyman version of John Wick. I thought it was funny in places, brutal in places with some great characters played by Bob Odenkirk, Christopher Lloyd and RZA. A good watch with some good action and deadpan dialogue.

8.5/10

Soldato
Promising Young Woman - 8.5/10

Second viewing (I originally saw it a while ago) and although for obvious reasons not quite as tense or exciting second time around, I still think this is fantastic. It's a shame we can't go see it in cinemas with our friends and have a roaring discussion about the politics and messaging in the pub afterwards. Really interesting, really clever, really twisted (and twisty). Well done Camilla :p

Caporegime
Hitting the Apex

A documentary about early to mid '10s MotoGP, narrated by none-less than Brad Pitt. I'm a motorsports fan but never really got that into MotoGP although this actually concentrates on the era I watched most, so I imagine it'd be more of a draw for hardcore MotoGP fans and less of a draw for those not interested in motorsports at all. The presentation is quite American, Pitt is oddly unimpressive as narrator, but overall the subject matter is solidly interesting and followed well enough.

Okay 6/10

Soldato
Stowaway

I see Anna Knedrick and I click play.

Nice to see her in a proper role, as she can definitely do it.
I liked the premise of the story but I felt that it ended rather abrubtly. When the credits appeared I immediately thought....Oh.....is that it?!

Soldato
Stowaway

I see Anna Knedrick and I click play.

Nice to see her in a proper role, as she can definitely do it.
I liked the premise of the story but I felt that it ended rather abrubtly. When the credits appeared I immediately thought....Oh.....is that it?!
You mean none of the technical stuff annoyed you? Couldn't believe how stupid it was. One thing was them not even tethering themselves when they went out? All the stuff you learn of the characters with zero resolvment if any of it works or survives. Terrible terrible writing. Wish these c grade films would stop being given money.

Soldato
I did the whole thing, don't know why though?!

Didn't get the 4 only cast and not even anyone talking in the radio.
Ending....well was there one?

No idea if there was or not , never got to the end. :D

Mediocrity is omnipresent, quality films, TV series and games are few and far between these days.Mind, maybe it's always been this way, that's why we watch/play old classics .

Man of Honour
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

kyCOkT7m.jpg

I was in the mood for a fun goofy spooker and this delivered. Doesn’t excel at any particular thing and is light on scares, plot, character development, mystery etc... but it remains a fun popcorn watch, if that’s what you fancy.

6.5/10

Man of Honour
I'm looking for something to immerse myself in later and it'll most likely be a movie, so I might give this a look.

I'll have a dig around and see what else is available. Thriller or horror sound enticing.
It’s a teen ‘Scooby-do spooky mystery’ affair so not something I’d say is particularly ‘immersive’. My go to recommendation for a ‘heavier’ horror watch is Hereditary, if you haven’t seen that.

Back
Top Bottom