What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Perfect Blue.

A good psychological thriller, but becomes highly uncomfortable to watch as it progresses (not in a "this is rubbish" way...people who've seen it probably know what I mean). I feel it definitely warrants multiple viewings, as when things start unravelling, it becomes quite difficult to follow (on purpose).

7/10

Soldato
Watched quiet place 2 at the cinema.

8/10. good film but fairly short runtime with an ending that could have done with a few minutes more to close it off or prepare for a sequel.

was weird being back at the cinema for first time in 16 months. Also film was so quiet, made it hard to eat popcorn

Soldato
A knights Tale.

Fairly predictable, but non less enjoyable with a likable cast. Good one to watch if you want something light hearted and humorous, a film with a happy ending.

Soldato
The king - Netflix - 8/10. Really liked this one. Gripping and fairly full on.

Outlaw King - Netflix - 6/10. Enjoyable watch although slightly exaggerated due to the American actor/production influence. Still pretty good.

Soldato
A knights Tale.

Fairly predictable, but non less enjoyable with a likable cast. Good one to watch if you want something light hearted and humorous, a film with a happy ending.
Not enough movies like this being made anymore. The simple story of guy meets girl, strife happens, guy gets girl back and overcomes a great challenge at the end. Happy ending.

Far too many movies trying to be over clever these days.

Man of Honour
Godzilla vs Kong (2021)

So we had four unused cinema ticket vouchers that expire on 3rd June, so I went to our local Odeon and picked up tickets for this and A Quiet Place 2 for tonight. That's about as much choice as there was.

To be honest I wasn't expecting much. I liked Kong Skull Island, but the two previous Godzilla films were a bit meh and so was this.

If is was 12 years old I'm sure I would have lapped this up, but I'm 40 years older than that and I just spent most of the film rolling my eyes.

Lets face it, these films started as two guys in rubber suits wrestling on a minitures set. Now it's two guys in motion capture suits doing WWF moves in front of a green screen.

The technology has moved on, but nothing else has.

4/10

Permabanned
Wrath of Man (2021)

Pretty stale action, dull story and overall very forgettable.
The soundtrack was enjoyable.

4/10

Thought it was the same score for the entire film, quite liked it though(the music). :cry:

Jason Statham playing his Jason Statham role to standard terrible levels. The odd decent bit of dialogue but on the whole dross. As Guy Ritchie films go it was probably the worst.

Soldato
Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw (5/10)

It started with a lot of potential, very fast pace and witty banter between the Rock and Statham. The introduction of an Ironman type villain with a street hawk motorcycle allowed it to provide over the top, non-stop action! But its gift is also its curse, this film has an 2 hour runtime and I didn't find the plot interesting. It's purely driven by the action set pieces and there are a lot of them, in fact they are relentless. The action scenes are very over top and unrealistic, felt more like watching a video game than a film. I managed to watch over half and switched it off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Or use a VPN and access on Amazon.
If anyone on here can tell me how they're watching Wrath of Man without either breaking the law, or terms and conditions on their streaming service, I'm all ears. It's not the point. I'm pretty disgusted by the number of people on here posting reviews of it and I'm perfectly happy dipping into these threads every now and again to point that out. I'm not the one ruining the threads, they are by reviewing titles that are not out yet.

From the rules:
NO discussion of movies or tv shows that haven't been released in the UK, if it hasn't been shown in a UK cinema or on a UK tv station, no discussion is allowed.

Back
Top Bottom