What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
“The Face Of Love”, Annette Bening, Ed Harris, and Robin Williams.
Ed Harris is married to Annette Bening and he drowns while they’re on vacation in Mexico.
F/F 5 years and she encounters his doppelgänger, also played by Ed Harris and they embark on a relationship, until Ed Harris establishes that she’s only with him because he’s a ringer for her dead husband.
F/F another few years, and she gets an invite to his memoriam, from his ex-wife, after he dies from a heart condition.
My wife liked it a little, but I’m still unsure if it was supposed to be a dream sequence or not.

Soldato
Yes you are with your whining
Hardly. People come in here looking to discuss films that are out (in the UK). Discussing films that are not out yet ruins the discussion and turns it into "oh is this out yet, where can I see it" nudge nudge wink wink nonsense. It's tedious. People are just upset and resorting to name calling because I've called them out on it.

I still added to the thread with my review of Midnight Sky.

3:10 to Yuma, fantastic film.
This is a great movie. Very underrated!

Permabanned
Jolly boy John doesn't Pirate movies...for real!
VigilantFatalFrigatebird-size_restricted.gif

Permabanned
Spent an afternoon at the cinema.

Watched a quiet place 2 not as good as the first but worth the watch 6.5

The conjuring devil made me do it again nor a bad watch but lacks from the previous ones 6.5

Soldato
Wrath of Man

Forget the story.

What the hell is with the music? All the way through, intense orchestral strings playing literally all the way through and during scenes when there is nothing suspenseful on screen. Totally detracts from the film.

Story becomes quicky very predictable, apart from the very weird ending. I won't be watching it again.

Caporegime
Siberia - 2/10

Seriously, what the hell was that? Was intriguing to start with, and then the whole thing turned out to be an utterly pointless waste of time. The netflix description was complete and utter lies.

Such an odd "story".

Caporegime
They Live (1988)

Not sure how I missed this before, loved it. 8/10. Would've been a 7 if it wasn't for the non stop fight scene.

Which was mostly real!

Also I can't believe I thought the line from Duke Nukem was actually from Duke Nukem all this time!

Man of Honour
A Quiet Place 2

Watched this at the cinema.

Pretty much the same sort of things happen in this as the first one. For me there weren't and real scares, jumps or surprises.

Then again I doubt I would've gone to the cinema to watch it in the first place, had there been anything else of interest to me playing at the time. But we had tickets to use up before 3rd June, so we picked this.

6/10

Soldato
Tenet - stopped about half way through. what a load of contrived tosh. 3/10........it gets those 3 points purely for the concept and Robert Pattinson - i quite liked him in this, could maybe see him as a bond one day? lead actor is all sorts of awful, imo.

interstellar - good solid 7/10 right up til the schmaltzy, floating in a parallel dimension 'library' talking to a Hal 9000 clone cause we've run out of ideas/budget/whatever, malarkey :p

Soldato
Quiet Place 2 - 5/10

Not as good as the first and a pretty formulaic creature feature that overused the jump scares to such a degree that they had completely lost their effect by the 2nd half of the film

Soldato
Tenet - stopped about half way through. what a load of contrived tosh. 3/10........it gets those 3 points purely for the concept and Robert Pattinson - i quite liked him in this, could maybe see him as a bond one day? lead actor is all sorts of awful, imo.

I watched Tenet a few weeks back. I'm a big fan of Christopher Nolan, but for me this one crossed a line.

The central idea of it is just contrived nonsense....at least Inception fundamentally 'worked' as an idea. Tenet...just....meh. Rubbish. Didn't rate the performances much, or the pacing.

Watching Mare of Easttown atm (Guy Pearce) has got me wanting to rewatch Memento though.....

Back
Top Bottom