What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
I Am Wrath. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3212232/

It seems like quite a few of Travolta's movies don't get all that high scores - or the ones I've checked out anyway.

However, despite the far-fetched nature of action flicks like this, I thought it was alright. Plenty of holes in it but all in all, a decent enough way to spend a couple of hours.

Soldato
The Matrix Reloaded - 8/10. Lost points due to the sh1tty, overlong Xion rave, wtf?

But the freeway scene? Wow! And Persephone - nom nom nom.

Revolutions up next

Caporegime
The Dead Don't Die - 2/10

I really thought Army of the Dead would be the worst zombie film I saw this year, but this one takes the biscuit.

Has a weirdly all star cast but feels like a director's first film. It has no idea what it wants to be. It's not funny except in a couple of deadpan bits, it's not really an action film, there is no character development or plot really. In fact the only takeaway from it is it must have been either financed by Sturgill Simpson or the director was paid to advertise for him because the characters all talk about him constantly and there are loads of weird closeups of his CD.

Man of Honour
“Nothing but the Truth”, Kate Beckinsale, Matt Dillon, David Schwimmer.
Reporter writes a story that reveals the I.D. of a secret C.I.A. agent, and refuses to reveal her source.
She defies the special prosecutor, is jailed for contempt and does a year in jail, meanwhile her husband starts a relationship with a younger woman.
The judge relents, deciding that she’ll never divulge her source and releases her, only for the special prosecutor to rearrest her and charge her under the intelligence identities Protection Act.
Well worth a watch 8/10.

Associate
Monster Hunter (2020) - 5/10

Much darker than I was expecting in monster design and scenery which made it hard to see what was going on during some of the action scenes.

The monsters looked good, but all very similar and semi-realistic, and as such, rather underwhelming.

Good character interaction between the 2 cultures (although it was a bit “white man civilized” at times), which made up for the lackluster plot which was rushed through in the final act.

A lot of the supporting cast and source material was barely referenced and wasn’t really explained, but it did set things up nicely for a sequel.

Soldato
Armageddon 10/10
I know plenty of people hate it but others love it and I'm one of them. It's just pure action even in the scenes that aren't meant to be action. The music, sound effects, visual effects on top of everything is just awesome and it still holds up for a film that is over 20 years old.

Soldato
The Departed. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407887/

What a cast! I've seen it once before though that was a long time ago.

I forgot how good it was.

How do you like it compared to Infernal Affairs?

It's been a long time since I saw them both, but I remember remember it being a stand up film in its own right without being better or worse than Infernal Affairs.

Caporegime
How do you like it compared to Infernal Affairs?

It's been a long time since I saw them both, but I remember remember it being a stand up film in its own right without being better or worse than Infernal Affairs.

I don't think I've seen or even heard of Infernal Affairs.

I'll have to check it out.

Soldato
Dream Horse, a very decent cast (you cant really go wrong with Toni Collette/Damian Lewis) for what seems like a pretty low budget affair, it works very well. based on the true story and plays the underdog angle very well. well worth a watch if you liked Seabiscuit!

Soldato
Ice Road - 3/10.

The premise was good but implementation ruined by massive plot holes, two dimensional story with cliched bad guys and another lacklustre performance from the increasingly wooden Mr. Neeson.

Soldato
I'm sitting down with my BBQ ribs and Beef and green pepper black bean sauce and
I'm going to watch The Boxer, I hope it's good, I tend to enjoy Irish movies the most.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118760/

It was just ok, It's a movie for a lazy Sunday lay on the couch after a big roast dinner.

If you like Boxing movies, try Crying Fist. A 2005 Korean film about a down on his luck ex-silver medalist.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457007/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Back
Top Bottom