What film did you watch last night?

Permabanned
Ford Vs Ferrari... Really enjoyed Damon and Bale together and some heartwarming scenes to make you smile. Loved that it was actually about Shelby and Miles as opposed to any great Motorsport rivalry. 8/10

Soldato
Guns Akimbo - 6/10. Started off well, but the main bad guy was a bit pants, also the final battle seemed a bit rushed. Did i watch a cut version?

Nova scrawled "roof" and then more marks up the stairwell etc. Harry P sees the "roof" marking and the next show we are on the rooftop. Also, HP goes to grab bad guy and throw him off the roof, it looked so bad, especially when you saw HP's height and still looks 12 years old :)

But passed an hour and a bit :)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Traffic (2000).

I’m sure I’d seen bits of it before, but it popped up on local TV so gave it a proper watch. Mega cast. Great film!

Associate
Old (2021) - 7/10

A disturbing horror premise which is well portrayed with good effects and relatable fears and concerns.

It could have gone more into the psychological horror than the visual and explained less behind the phenomenon and more about its impact on the characters, but it still remains a bizarre and memorable experience.

The acting is hit and miss with some quite wooden and the camera shots/effects in some scenes are just distracting/annoying.

I felt the big reveal at the end wasn’t that believable and made the film drag a bit.

Soldato
Fright Night - Classic 80s "lite" horror; although admittedly it scared me half to death when I first watched it as a child.

7/10

Caporegime
Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans

3/10

A real stinker. Upset the kids and pretty much ruined what was a pretty decent set of animated series. Not sure what they were thinking. This was meant to draw all 3 series plot lines together in an ultimate finale which it spectacularly failed at.

Animation was excellent however.

Permabanned
Nobody, it's a bit Bob Odenkirk(breaking bad, better call Saul) does John Wick/Taken but it's actually pretty good, he's a good actor and pulls it off well. There is nothing new here but the humour is on point and it's entertaining. Also Christopher Lloyd is in it so gets an extra mark. 8/10

Soldato
Chernobyl 1986

As most will know, this is not the reasonably faithful retelling of events as per the HBO series.

It's really a Russian made disaster movie. Comparing the two isn't really fair.

3/10 - if you've an interest in Chernobyl then I guess you could say you've at least watched it.

Better than Chernobyl Diaries I guess.

Back
Top Bottom