What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
44 inch chest....erm....the only thing that is worth mentioning about this film is that I watched it all the way to the end without vomiting blood :eek:

Soldato
Last few days i've watched blu rays of :

Iron Man 2. Not as good as the first imo, good action flick though if somewhat generic, some great action sequences as you'd expect from a high budget action film.:p Superb picture quality and huge sound, B.K Monolith was working over time in this one.

Moon. 3rd viewing, gets better every time. Very, very moving film imo, definitely one for the existentialist movie lovers. I always shed one or 2 when watching this.:o

The Island. Enjoyable, better and deeper than i'd been led to believe. Full on action sequences. Remarkable video clarity and again amazing sound despite it not being a lossless soundtrack.

The Godfather. Never gets old for me, everything works. Beautifully remastered for blu ray. Watching Godfather 2 tonight.

Associate
Inglorious ********

Absolutely hated everything about it bar Hans Landa. Worst film I've seen in a long time.

Wow, you are the first person i have seen who has such a reaction to that film, i thought it was great but each to their own i suppose.

Last night i watched Avatar in full glorious 1080p goodness....it was still rather underwhelming.

Thats the third try and it doesnt get anymore chances i am afraid.

6/10

Associate
Despicable me - with all the adverts being thrown in my face when I went to see other things at the cinema, I expected it to be mind-blowingly good. Obviously didn't live up to the hype, but it was good as family flics go. Only thing I really didn't like about it was the music...Pharrell Williams makes me want to gag.

Associate
I know. I fully expected to love it having enjoyed most of QT's previous work but I found the story really boring and the acting, especially Brad Pitts performance, dreadful.

I also thought it was awful. Just didn't think it was a very good film at all. Watched Paul at the Cinema yesterday and surprised myself by enjoying it, much better than Hot Fuzz, and getting back into Shaun of the Dead standards.

Back
Top Bottom